cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart TIffany Company Stained Glass Lamp Shade

I only found one reference to this company so it's hard to know how to price this shade.  It is 16" diameter.

The Tiffanys (their real name) soldered a small glass heart inside next to their name plate.  The only thing I could find was an old article in Collector's Weekly

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I found what I assume is the same info you found.  It gave the years of operation as well as the original selling prices.  If it were mine, I'd put it up on eBay with a starting price equal to the minimum I'd be happy with and let the auction go, using the info from CW in the descripttion.  Apparently there may not be a large secondary market demand - or perhaps a large enough supply to support one?

Bill

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Just realized, the first link is definitely the same company as yours.  The second link is probably not.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Links below to a Dec. 1974 newspaper article about the company. They must have opened in about June-July 1974.

Heart Stained Glass Company
Owners: Andy Freeman, Vincent Impellitteri
120 Ocean Ave. New London, Conn

Similar to Colonial Cottage Industries
Tiffanyite Shades Produced Locally by Age-Old Process
By Judith Hotchkiss, Day Staff Writter, Wednesday, December 18, 1974

Page 20,  The Day. New London, Conn. Wednesday, December 18, 1974
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=tMdGAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GvgMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3020%2C3245571

Page 21, The Day. New London, Conn. Wednesday, December 18, 1974
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=tMdGAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GvgMAAAAIBAJ&pg=832%2C3249502

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Your searching is better than mine! 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I know much of what needs to be known about making Hart Stained Glass lampshades; I used to work there! 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I am from Eastern CT and acquired a dining room light that has a blue glass heart built in the shade. I wonder if it came from this place 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I have a Tiffany lamp that I think is from them.  Do they put a small heart on the inside of the each lamp as their signature.  I am trying to determine the value

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hello,  a couple of leaded shades mounted on Handel bases have recently surfaced. The shades are signed “A.H. Freeman and I was wondering if this could have been the Andy Freeman connected to Heart Tiffany. Thanks for any information.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply