cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANother Cake Plate - Unknown Maker

This is another cake plate I picked up in an auction lot.... it is about 10 1/4 inches across in size. It has a very fancy rim around it - scalloped edges, crimped and dotted. Looking at it, I believe the flower patterns are NOT hand-painted but are decals, altho the green in the background might be air-brushed on (?). There are no marks on the back of the plate BUT the back of the plate has a very interesting "build" which I have never seen before and possibly it might help identify who the maker was? How old it might be? There are 8 "buttresses" spannig out from the centre rim to the outer edges which is very odd. These also show on the front side of the plate near the edge as "lumps" or "ridges" - can just make out the shadows in the front photo.
Any information about who the maker is or how old the plate is or anything else greatly appreciated. THANKS

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

ANother Cake Plate - Unknown Maker

I suspect your plate is German circa 1900 - 1915.  

I'll check my R.S. books for the form, but it could have been made by any number of porcelain manufactories (one of the Schlegelmilch works, Carl Tielsch and several others).

Message 2 of 2
latest reply