cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-historic photo, -historical photo, -postcard copy : MAKING POSTCARD SEARCHES PRODUCTIVE

I've set these phrases into a text file and use them now when I search in order to exclude the parasitic reprint sellers, who seem to enjoy extraordinary privilege clogging up the Postcard categories with **bleep** and never ending one day auctions.     For my categories, these seem to be taking the worst out.   anything to not look at their garbage.  

I actually search with them as -"historic photo", -"historical photo", -"postcard copy" but ebay wouldn't let me type the quotes in the header.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

-historic photo, -historical photo, -postcard copy : MAKING POSTCARD SEARCHES PRODUCTIVE

updated text string

-"historic photo", -"historical photo", -"postcard copy", -"reprint", -"digital"

I see the fakes and counterfeits are even worse outside of my categories.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Not sure what you buy, but since I look mainly for US RPPCs I limit my searches to "USA Only" which gets rid of you-know-who from Australia. Only about 1% of the cards I'm interested in are from other countries anyway. I also use the "-copy" tag to hide you-know-who from Missouri. Thanks for the other string suggestions!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Unfortunately, "mine" or "mining" is one category and the parasites flock to this category - there are a some sellers who won't even mention in the title it is a copy.  ABSOLUTELY UNETHICAL

While my tactic above does work for my purposes, it annoys me that I have to take these reactive steps in order to simply search Ebay for antiques, collectibles and books and not need to view and be presented for sale counterfeit, fakes and reproduction items that take up pages of the Ebay search results.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I' m from Missouri so go light with that paintbrush:)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply