Postcard Collectors Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

search on Ebay

I took a year to sell a very large group of milk bottles and misc stuff which I had no trouble with views on.I am just now getting back to postcards and papergoods. I knew that the search was messed up before but now that I am starting to list again ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cleaning a 100+ year old postcard

I have a rather valuable turn-of-the-century postcard. It has quite a bit of soiling and I'm wondering if it can be cleaned using water. Does anyone have experience with this type of cleaning or should I just leave it alone ? Any info would be helpfu...

Autumn 2023 Postcard shows

Time to head out to a postcard show! Deltilogical is tracking these shows in the next few months- northeast US area. *9-23: Bay State Postcard Club Show, 590 Main St, Melrose MA9-23/24: Garden State Postcard Club Show, Parsipanny NJ*10-7: Crossroads ...

July 9, 2023 postal increases

The post office is open 6 days a week and they are ready to ship every day. It costs money and everything keeps getting more expensive. Letters (1 ounce): 66 cents, up from 63 cents Letters (metered, 1 ounce): 63 cents, up from 60 cents Domestic post...

Any Idea Who This Composer Is?

This is a 1899 postcard that I recently acquired. It's signed by a Russian Composer Nicolas Tchetverouhine. He is writing from Tiflis to Paris in French. I tried researching him to no avail. Is he a known composer? Any information will help, THANKS!!

006.jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

USPS rate increases - other mailing issues

Jan 22, 2023:ProductCurrent PricesPlanned PricesLetters (1 oz.)60 cents63 centsLetters (metered 1 oz.)57 cents60 centsDomestic Postcards44 cents48 centsInternational Postcards$1.40$1.45International Letter (1 oz.)$1.40$1.45no change to additional oun...

Selling to museums

Is it just me, or do museums give everybody the run around about how they never buy stuff, they only accept donations. So far 5 museums have told me that, including the Smithsonian Institute! Yet I KNOW people have sold to them before and one of the ...

Plastichrome by Colourpicture

I really enjoy learning from so many people here and I appreciate the help with my last question. Now I'm wondering if there is any way to date a Plastichrome postcard by Colourpicture?? I appreciate any help.

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

postcard shows

Lots of shows to attend! deltilogical will be set up this weekend at Havre De Grace, MD Sat and the Garden State Postcard Club meeting Sun in Gillette nj. I will have lots of 25 cent and $1 cards as well as better material. shameless plug? Maybe, but...

consignment fees

in 2022, I was wondering what folks might share regarding any consignment fees on selling postcards for other people. As we know, listing postcards or postal history items is work. Maybe it depends on the quality of the items? I seem to think 50/50 i...

Is this a Louis Wain postcard?

I need help with identification of the card below. From what I've researched this is always refered to as a Louis Wain postcard, but it doesn't look like the usual Louis Wain style. Only one person I've read saying it might be a G H Thompson card. Ca...

s-l1600.png
Most Marked as Helpful Authors