cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ban reproduced postcards on ebay

If there is one thing I hate is when sellers put bootleg postcards - that is reproductions - in the postcard category, like this one 331319165680 which barely notes it is a fake. Based on the concern I see from ebay about counterfeit coins sold on ebay coming from China (almost none), I doubt this would even be noticed by ebay.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I agree!!! iT It is hard to figure them out sometimes  but if it looks to good to be true--------

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This guy oldtownview (3104 ) About oldtownview  is like an infection.  And he barely notes he is selling reproductions, the title just says repo.  These are as bad as the 3 day auctions.  

BAN THIS TRASH NOW - or move it to a different section, get it out of the genuine collectibles.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I never understand why people list reproduced postcards. I collect vintage European royalty postcards and yes, they are often spendy, but they are not only a joy to me, but an investment. Why would you even want a reproduced card? I don't know, it's hard to figure.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The RPPC section of postcards is awash with reproductions.  It many cases the seller isn't hiding the fact but these modern printed items do not belong in the RPPC section. 

The same problem exists in any of the vintage photography sections of eBay.   It has become tiresome to weed through the vintage and reproductions  - so much so that I don't buy like I used it.  Its just a pain in the neck.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I'm a buyer of postcards I have never sold any yet but I probably will the future.

I bought one reproduction postcard because I like the image but after I got it I started realizing it wasn't worth the money I paid for it.

The reason I bought it because I like the image but $5.99 was really too much for the card.

Reproductions should be considered as NEW postcards not old or vintage.

I have to be really careful because I hate to ask seller give me my money back and I have to send back the postcard.

That would be really inconvenient.

Reproduction should have bowled letters saying NEW on them.

Garylk50

This is that until next time

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I think the reproduction sellers should have their own category or not be allowed in the postcard category, like counterfeit or reproduction coins. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I found a bag of vintage postcards a few years ago..had a couple hundred unposted...still going through them... I had no clue that people reproduced them! Wow. Shows what I know.. I saw there is a seller that someone mentioned... I have seen their name when I am researching my postcards... Interesting.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply