cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plus size long dresses

Hi been doing this since 2006.  i have found that plus size is the fastest selling clothes.  Start buying long plus size dresses.  I start at size 14.  as summer approaches,  they start selling like hot cakes.  Any brand sells well.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

plus size long dresses

I agree plus size dresses sell well anytime of the year, but especially summer. Plus size dresses are hard to find and people are usually looking to spend less. I found some plus size dresses that are great for easter, weddings, holiday and summer and I hope thay start to sell fast...I think I bought too many...and I need my cash back, LOL! One important thing to remember is to take measurements as that will increase your sales. The less questions you have to answer the easier you make it for the buyer to buy.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

plus size long dresses

Do you  put "plus size" in the title of the item?  

Just wondering.

I've been told some people find it offensive.

I have a few items which I'd like to list this weekend.

Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

plus size long dresses

If they get offended by 'plus' they are too touchy to be a sensible customer.

Some sales are not worth having.

PLUS is a keyword for anyone searching for clothing over Size 16 --and I find calling anything that small a 'plus' size offensive laughing .

I use Plus when I offer larger sizes in sewing patterns. Burda brand are particularly good for having multiple sizes which is a help since shapes can be so variable.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

plus size long dresses

I usually put the size, since most people will search on size as well as item type (sweater, 4x; dress 22). I'm a plus size and I don't find the term offensive, but I also don't use it as a search term because it isn't specific enough. I've also seen clothing labeled "plus size" when it's a 16.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

plus size long dresses

We always list the brand, type, color, size, and maybe the material (unless it is polyester). I don't use the word PLUS in the title, but in our old shop, Plus sizes were always 18+. We post a lot of plus size clothing, and sell a lot.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

plus size long dresses

Why not mention polyester? Some quite good brands use the fabric (I once owned a Gauthier Bizarre polyester blouse) and it has other pros (stretch) and cons (sweaty).

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

plus size long dresses

I guess I was being a polyester snob! Actually, I don't wear polyester much because it often seems to itch me. So maybe that's why I don't list it. Sometimes it also depends on how much space I have in the title. Lori
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

plus size long dresses

The only reason I don't include "polyester"  in my title is because it will eat up a lot of space.

However,  it is mentioned on the material space and again in my item description.

Many high end designers use polyester in their clothing line. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply