cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone whom sales plus size Lots seem to have 1/4 of sales as well as views since January?

Hi, I am a plus size gal who sales my old outfits and things that I find shopping for great deals that may be in other plus sizes than I wear...Since January, Its like there has been a detour or bypass road right past my items...I am doing everything the same or better...Sales have tremendously just gone poof!!  I have tried switching outfits up, sending messages, posting on other social media boards (which has brought a few sales and many views), but nothing really picking up enough to make me feel confident and stop worrying...

I love selling on eBay- it is fun and exciting....when things were normal!  And now its depressing because I am going four days to a week with no sales.  I am actually keeping up with views each of my listings get..on average 2-5 views a day  on outfits that would normally have sold at 30$ within 2 days on auctions with buy it now options. I have now marked  my $30-45 dollar items to less than $15 and still each day I check and see I sold nothing...I do check sold items in my category regularly and many of the things selling are things people must be losing money on b/c they are too low...Then I see the people who have been doing this over two years are still selling at the same prices they always have and seems to not have slowed them up too much...I chalk that up to being because they have followers that are loyal...I was hoping to do the same and headed in that direction and then something happened...

I do not believe sales have fallen off this much with all the amazon **bleep**...Why?  Because I love shopping and I would choose Ebay for clothing every time over Amazon and I know there are lots of women who love to save money and sell the old to buy the new "THE frugal" lol...there are millions of us!

I am starting to get paranoid thinking I made a enemy on staff who has limited me in placement which is effecting whom actually sees my stuff...Okay I know that is crazy lol!  But seriously, I am wondering If something has changed with the new design changes or something with the search placement of plus size lots of mixed clothing?  I am having lots of trouble finding my things... so much that I have actually have to type in the search word for word what I wrote as a Title and then it comes up...I used to do the same all the time and then search in order of price, then best match,  just to see where i would fall...I only put "plus size lots" back then as my search and would find each of my listings within first 10 pages...

I realize something has definitely changed and that I will somehow have to adapt to keep my sales going..Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should list my items to make sure my outfit lots are in the line up and getting an audience?  There are not many whom sale outfit lots on the regular and I have only been doing it a year  so any advice I very much appreciate...BTW if you check out my items I realize that a few of the pics are blurry...I had a camera fall and bust and have had to use my android phone camera in the mean time...JUST TEMPORARY!!  

On that note, any Ideas for the easiest camera to use that is compatible with windows 10 desktop?  I do not use the ebay app for listing because my category is a bit harder to describe than the app options give me...

PS- IF YOU ARE A PLUS SIZE shopper and seller please save me and also tell me how to find your stuff because I too am a buyer, as long as it is a bargain and cute!! 

I love clothes and "plus" is not the easiest category to find cute items in...anywhere period!  I would love to design them myself...........if only I could sow or draw lol ☺hehe!  If i could think it and it show up on paper or pc boy that would be awesome but until we become A.I. compatable ....I will stick to eBay and other sellers with the same taste listing their "pre-loved items."

Love Always   ♥KJ at "plus4me" (seller now.....store in future!)

I will be waiting for everyones input, ideas, inspiration, etc!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Does anyone whom sales plus size Lots seem to have 1/4 of sales as well as views since January?

I'm personally a bit baffled and put off by 'lots'.

First, I'm a different size on top than on bottom.  And I've almost never purchased a pair of pants online that fit properly,  Mostly they are too baggy in the hips, bottom, and thighs.  So, that puts me off lots that include pants.

Second, I may like one of the tops, but not the other; so, lots impose someone else's taste on me.  Even if both items are in good taste, they may just not both be 'me'.  I'm aware that not everyone is as fussy as me, and some may actually like that the work of mixing and matching has already been done for them.  Me, I want to have the flexibility of creating my own outfits.

Third, both my daughter and I have pretty much abandonned our desktop computers and work almost solely on laptops.  Why is this important?  Well, on a smaller screen, it's harder to make out what you are offering when the photo is a jumble of three or more items.  I'm not sure what the solution is, but maybe giving up on an 'artistic' arrangement and putting the clothes on a mannequin or hanger to make it easier to sort out what's what would help.  You need a more compelling visual focus to your main photo.  I'm not talking about the camera's focus, but the way the composition of items leads you to look at a main attraction and then follow through on the other items.

Fourth, your prices seem eminently reasonable.  However, I wonder if the idea of getting a lot that includes something you won't wear creates a sense of paying for something  that you don't need or want.  At your prices, that is a silly reaction, but it might nonetheless be a factor.  As an example, I really don't want to pay for someone's used handbag.  I have my favourite bags, good bags I have paid a lot for.  Plus, you could remove the bags without lowering the lot price and list them separately, for more income.  If they are **bleep** bags, then I don't care to pay for shipping them.  I've had that happen a number of times, where the seller includes an extra that ends up being chipped, stained, or just plain cheap looking.  But, then again, your U.S. postal rates are so low that that may not be a factor.

Okay , time to have breakfast and feed the cats, and let someone else yammer on!

Lea
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you I agree setting up a back dropped well lit studio and going after wort to liquidator for some store fixtures or mannequins... Yes you have a point I have some who shop because they want someone to pick their stuff bc they do not have the time or some that just like the outfits I put together...However with it so slow I am going to try your advice the lots I include purses with are for the most part unused or really good vintage well kept etc..I also send the jewelry that matches with the outfits or sometimes as a bonus gift...I think about what I would like...Which is more bang for the buck.. also because selling single tops or pants I have less of a chance of being seen with the extreme competition and crazy low prices I find I make no profit that way or atleast I sit on the items much longer...I use a desktop with a 50 in screen and trust me...I know they look **bleep** now...and I also have 2 laptops but they do not move are do the things i like doing like my pc does...I use a galaxy tablet sometimes when listing other types of items with my app..And usually take it when I go to work...IT TAKES HORRIBLE PICTURES ALSO my phone is nice but not like an I phone and I really am not an apple fan even though pics are great...SO IF you guys can suggest a phone compatible with a regular att plan that will be at price of what a goo camera would cost $50-200 is what range I am researching I would really appreciate experienced suggestions...I want something to take clear pics that easy to operate that i can ether plug into pc to upload of connect via blue tooth the camera I am using need to be charged like every ten minutes it seems and I am sick of having to change memory cards in middle of a good layout....Also on bags I only will add them where They will fit if I have to go up in size of flat rate box because of the purses I do not list..It is just an extra usually not even really a big part of my price I focus price on outfit...then as extra I try to put as many accessories scarfs, jewelry, purse that will go with it...I will in future try keeping bags out and trying to bundle tops together vs top and pants My niche is the outfits and it is what I began and did really well with up until January so I can not totally stop that but I will do some experimenting bc of your advice I wrote the so I could see you guys points of view and I think you gave me some great ideas as well as some I expected to be critiqued on like the lay outs of my stuff...LOL they were not always so bad I have just been limited with pictures that are actually coming out and the camera I use shows them after and they look great but once I see on my big screen I end up not having some with the better layouts due to bad fuzz etc...MY biggest priority is figuring out the best camera for the money and getting it before Sunday... Thank you so much for taking the time to help you are a blessing Lea!! Check me out after the weekend and see if I am doing better on the presentations please that is what I worry the most about...I will never do the jumble photos thank you for that great point too! I totally forgot most shoppers are on smaller screens!! ♥♥♥
Message 3 of 3
latest reply