cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payments

I'm in the UK. I've been selling for a month now. Why are my sales now taking fifteen days for me to be paid?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: payments

@jctartan 

Hi there_

New or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 14 days, although sometimes it may be longer.  You agreed to this when you signed on to sell.  It's also to make sure that your customer is happy with their purchase.  

Remember customers have a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and can return the item for any reason in that time frame.  Ebay holds your funds that in the event this does occur, the funds are there to refund your buyer.  Also, your no returns policy doesn't hold water on Ebay.  No returns does not mean no refunds.  You may want to consider changing your return policy.  It's also for your protection.  

Happy Selling and keep up the good work. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks for the information and your time, greatly appreciated.

Some more questions, if you don't mind.

How long will this sort of "probationary period" last for? Is there a time when, after a Seller's been established, that payments become quicker?

Also, is that 30-Day Money Back Guarantee for every Seller, not just new or infrequent Sellers? And how would changing my Return Policy  help protect met?

Thank you.

alex

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@jctartan 

30 day MBG is for "buyers".

Matters not if the seller is established, or new.

"No returns" policy just applies to "remorse" returns. 

Returns for any other reason trump your return policy.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi,

Any idea how long this sort of "probationary period" last for for new or infrequent Sellers? The article doesn't give any indication.

Cheers,

alex

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,

alex

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I would say a month assuming that your bank account was set correctly too.   Hang in there. Keep listing.  Write nice descriptions with clear  photos and ship fast and securely.  In the USA, even though the funds are frozen, the sellers can still pay the exact amount of the shipping label if they print through Ebay Shipping. I am assuming that the same thing applies to sellers in the UK.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

eBay used to hold payments until you've made $250 in sales, have 25 feedbacks for selling and it's been 90 days since your first sale.

Now I understand being an infrequent seller can trigger a hold after you met those thresholds.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@jctartan 

It was my pleasure to advise.  Yes, the 30 Day MBG applies to all sellers.  

Ebay wants to make sure that people who sign up to sell here are looking to be serious and trusted sellers and not here just to make a quick buck.  Lots of fraud and stolen merchandise all over Ebay & that's where Ebay steps in and slows their roll.  Not saying this your situation obviously, but the ecommerce platform as a whole is overwhelmed with a lot of crime and criminals.  

Once you start accumulating more sales, your payments will come quicker.  Here in the US we have express payouts, usually next day.  So that's helpful.  Hang in there. 

Have a lovely day in UK.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply