cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managed payments boycott

For those of us who hate this new ebay system. Boycott your purchases. Nobody purchase for a month see if they fold. I don't know about anyone else but this has been real sucky. It seems that I have to ship before I get paid. Also they outright lied to us. They said turnaround would be 2 days when it is proving to be 3-4 days. which means if I sell something thursday night, I don't get paid til the following wednesday or tursday. I don't know about you all but I feel really screwed by ebay. I have been on here for 20 years. I am boy\cotting. rally around this. Stand up for ourselves.

Message 1 of 137
latest reply
136 REPLIES 136

Re: managed payments boycott

There is absolutely nothing we can do or say to get eBay to listen to us. Stop driving yourself crazy trying. 

Message 76 of 137
latest reply

PayPal required me to give them my FULL SS# when I signed up. That's how they are able to issue 1099-K's for your taxes. 

Message 77 of 137
latest reply

Where did I say I have a wells fargo card or even mention a personal account?

With all due respect, are you even reading what I wrote?

Message 78 of 137
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

so where does PP have the $ then?

Did you research anything or just assuming?

PP has NEVER been a bank.  They are a money processor.  My PP account until I transfer it out to my bank account.  That is the way all business accounts work.  

And no I don't "assume" this stuff.  It is the way PP operates.

For your information.

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/should-you-replace-bank-account-with-paypal/#:~:text=PayPal%20accou....

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

https://www.paypal.com/us/business

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 79 of 137
latest reply

The link didn't work for me.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 81 of 137
latest reply

https://www.zdnet.com/article/fdic-decides-paypals-no-bank/

I'm not arguing if they are a bank, never even stated such.

Never said anything about business accounts either.

I don't know where you come up with these things. You are assuming things I never mentioned.

I am relaying what is actually in our user agreement with PP. This is a legal contract.

If you have a PP balance, the $ is in a bank of PP's choosing. Banks that are FDIC insured.

Our PP Business MC is through BankCorp, the $ is in a BankCorp account. Us as the "beneficial owner " and PP as the "agent and custodian".

Message 82 of 137
latest reply

https://www.zdnet.com/article/fdic-decides-paypals-no-bank/

As of this quarter, PayPal began depositing customer balances into FDIC-insured bank accounts. The company had asked for an opinion from the FDIC on whether it could pass the insurance protection on to its customers. In its advisory letter, the FDIC said the insurance protections--up to $100,000 per customer per bank--would extend to PayPal customers, even when PayPal deposited the funds for them, PayPal said.

- This was in 2002

Message 84 of 137
latest reply

Will this help?  It's a download of Paypal transactions for federal income tax.  Please note column P - I've highlighted it.  Now, Paypal did not include sales tax collected on the 1099K form until November, but they did collect it.    If you're paying your federal income taxes, you should have broken this out from your total receipts.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 163703.jpg

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 85 of 137
latest reply

Because it will be them some day.

A good amount of people who buy end up selling..

Besides we need to start somewhere.

Why not drop our listing for a month then.

Message 86 of 137
latest reply

@ddimport wrote:

Im sure you do dont sell on ebay and never sold on ebay to understand ebay it is making more profit from sellers with this new manage payment system, the tax ebay charge on sales it is included at the final value fees. 

Since @wrong66 has 50 plus pages of seller feedback, I'm pretty sure they sell here.

Have a great day
Message 87 of 137
latest reply

@ddimport wrote:

paypal.jpg

hey Look at my proof, where do you see sales tax on paypal fees here, these is my recent transaction, all i can see is paypal fee and not showing sales tax, now can you show proof instead. Dont talk, show Evidence actual proof, talking does not proof anything. look at my picture.

There was no sales tax on that order.

If there was sales tax, the fee would be included in Pay Pal's fee's.

Have a great day
Message 88 of 137
latest reply

@ddimport wrote:

so now can you tell me where is the sales tax charge by paypal again? another one only talk and no proof

Here's my latest Pay Pal transaction.

ScreenShot.jpg

Have a great day
Message 89 of 137
latest reply

I am with you I am quitting sell at the end of the year.

I will just buy once in a while. I have sold over $18,000 a year for the last 3 years.

Will use other venues like CL, Market Place and free add weekly papers.

Message 90 of 137
latest reply