cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't my eBay Available funds available to pay for eBay purchase?

Why can't I use available funds on eBay when I sell something to buy something on eBay? I think it's wrong to have to wait for the money to be "paid out" to a bank account, only to have to use the same bank account to buy something on eBay.

I'm sure this is an easy fix like it used to work when the selling funds went to PayPal and you could use them to buy something on eBay. That was wonderful!

Why did they change that? And how could we contact eBay to get them to make the changes?

Thank you for reading.

Cheska

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why aren't my eBay Available funds available to pay for eBay purchase?

Because this is managed payments and it's how it works now.  

Good luck contacting ebay and getting them to change something.  I almost went sarcastic. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

PayPal fronted the money except for e-check payments. Adyen and eBay don't front.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It is something they are working on. It was announced in the Spring 2022 Seller Update and is called Spendable Funds.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Same issue. Even though I signed up to be able to use my funds to shop on eBay and set up the two factor authentication, everytime I go to check out and choose “pay with my spendable funds,” then respond to the verification text from eBay with the pin they send, I then get a message that I should “choose a different payment method.”  It gives me no reason, just won’t let me use the funds. I have tried several times and it never works. Idk why I even hassled with the enrollment in “pay with spendable funds” if I can’t actually do it. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I think it’s a problem that just came about today. I have been using spendable funds for a few months now, most recently on Monday 7/25, with no issues. I won an auction this afternoon though and tried to pay like always, and I am getting the same error message that you are getting. I think it may be a problem with some of the verification changes. I never had to enter a PIN number before todayS 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Something must be wrong with spendable funds. I used it yesterday and today it says use a different payment method.  I even updated the verification and still didn’t work

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I’m new to selling on eBay , but not buying I just sold 7 or 8 things and I have 1 item that the buyer has not paid for yet but ,says my funds are available but what is with the red exclamation mark ?

D6A5141C-2CDA-4E8F-9F44-97334AEE9E05.jpeg

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hi @shsnel77 

You’ve posted your question to an old thread which probably will be closed.  Please post it again as a NEW question so that you can receive answers.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply