cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to our Top Rated Plus seller monthly 10% discount bonuses?

If you also have the same Top Rated Plus seller rating then you also receive a 10% discount each month for fees paid to e-bay. But since this new payment system started I have seen nothing in my monthly statements about it. In fact I can not even see my monthly statements anymore. I try downloading them and all I see is gibberish.  I called several times and spoke to 3 different Reps who all said the funds were deposited into my bank account but nothing ever showed up. Its been 3 months now and I am just wondering where all those funds have been going? Has this been happening to anyone else?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I looked at your last 50 items sold and only two of them had the TRS+ badge. In order for the listing to qualify for TRS+, you must have same or one day shipping and offer at least a 30 day free returns policy. At the most you're missing 30 cents, hardly worth one call, let alone three.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

I looked at your last 50 items sold and only two of them had the TRS+ badge. In order for the listing to qualify for TRS+, you must have same or one day shipping and offer at least a 30 day free returns policy. At the most you're missing 30 cents, hardly worth one call, let alone three.

@tdumonde2014  - eBay provides a little bit of exception in some categories where there is the ability to still get the discount, but not have the badge showing on the listings.

In some product categories, we'll extend the discount benefit (but not the seal) even if you don't offer 30-day free returns.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

Specifically, trading cards categories are not required to accept returns in order to qualify for the discount.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the update. My question then is why the TRS+ badge was showing on the two trading cards that offered 30 Day Free returns.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@steelcitycards  - in Managed Payments, eBay now takes the fees up front immediately on each sale & they also apply the TRS+ discount immediately at time of sale too.  So you won't see it in one lump monthly credit any more, but you should be able to see it at the transaction level under the Payments tab or if you pull a transaction report from Payments.

I'm not sure why eBay doesn't make it more clear, but the TRS+ discount should be listed as "Special Promotion"

specialpromotion.jpg

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

Thanks for the update. My question then is why the TRS+ badge was showing on the two trading cards that offered 30 Day Free returns.

@tdumonde2014  it would show the badge on those because that's a benefit reserved only for listings that *do* offer 30 Day Free Returns.  It would not show the badge on any that do not offer returns but either way, as long as all other requirements are met, the discount should still be applied.

From the link I posted above:

As a Top Rated Seller, you can qualify for these exclusive Top Rated Plus benefits if you offer same or 1-business-day handling time and 30-day or longer free returns:

The Top Rated Plus seal will be displayed prominently in search results and in the listing description.

A 10% discount on your standard final value fees, which is calculated on the total amount of the sale, including shipping and tax. The discount does not apply to the $0.30 per order portion of the final value fee

In some product categories, we'll extend the discount benefit (but not the seal) even if you don't offer 30-day free returns.

See the full list of circumstances where the discount benefit applies

In Jewelry & Watches, and most Collectibles & Art categories, you need to offer 14-day free returns.

When you use freight shipping or sell items in the following categories, you need to offer 30-day or longer returns, but the buyer pays for return shipping:
Books
Motors > Automotive Tools & Supplies
Motors > Parts & Accessories
Movies & TV
Music
Musical Instruments & Gear

You don't have to accept returns for these categories:
Business & Industrial
Cell Phones, Smart Watches & Accessories > Cell Phone Cards & SIM Cards > Cell Phone SIM Cards
Coins & Paper Money > Bullion
Coins & Paper Money > Virtual Currency
Computers, Tablets & Network Hardware > Computer Printers, Scanners & Supplies > Printer Ink, Toner & Paper > Printer Ink Cartridges
Computers, Tablets & Network Hardware > Computer Printers, Scanners & Supplies > Printer Ink, Toner & Paper > Printer Toner Cartridges
Computers, Tablets & Network Hardware > Computer Software
Gift Cards & Coupons
Home & Garden > Food & Beverages
Home & Garden > Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living > Plants, Seeds & Bulbs > Plants & Seedlings
Pet Supplies > Bird Supplies > Food & Treats
Pet Supplies > Cat Supplies > Cat Food
Pet Supplies > Dog Supplies > Dog Food
Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Coral & Live Rock
Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Food
Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Live Fish
Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Live Invertebrates
Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Live Plants
Pet Supplies > Small Animal Supplies > Small Animal Food
Sporting Goods > Fishing > Baits, Lures & Flies > Live Bait
Tickets & Experiences
Trading Cards (Sports Trading Cards, Non-Sports Trading Cards, and Collectible Card Games)
Wristwatches

The Top Rated Plus benefits don't apply to:

Items listed in the Real Estate and Specialty Services categories
Items with local pickup only

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks,

Why didn't they just tell me that in the first place.  Its hard enough trying to figure out these managed payments without having more to add.

Thanks again for all the information.

James

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@steelcitycards wrote:

Thanks,

Why didn't they just tell me that in the first place.  Its hard enough trying to figure out these managed payments without having more to add.

James

@steelcitycards you're welcome! I agree, it's not at all clear.

My guess is path of least resistance/least effort programing - rather than making it so the system can identify different types of fee credits/promotions in that section and display them with labels that accurately describe what the credit is for, they seem to have just decided to go with a generic "special promotion" label to cover all bases.

tyler@ebay  payments_team@ebay  I know I've asked in the past, but just bumping this one back up on the radar - is there any way we can get the TRS+ credit displayed more clearly on the transaction record under Payments?

If the only type of credit ever shown in that spot would be the TRS+, then the easy fix would be to just change the name.  But if there could be multiple types of fee credits there and it's not possible to map the programing to display different labels for different kinds of credits, maybe at least one of the "little i in a circle" icons with a pop up (like the one that explains the total includes sales tax) that lists the different types of fee credits that may be represented there?

i.jpg

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

eBay will charge you an extra 10%. It will be snatched right out of your bank account with no explanation. You'll have to spend all morning on the phone talking to your bank (they won't know,) Paypal and eBay.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@steelcitycards 

A few months back MP notified seller already in MP that there would no longer be a Monthly Seller Invoice.  All our fees would be taken out of our MP accounts.  That includes store fees and the such.

As for the TRS discount, that is taken out up front.  If you look at the details of the fees that are charged at the time your buyer pays, you would see that your discount is being applied at that time.

You will also notice that your TRS discount is slightly higher that you were getting before you entered MP because the discount is now calculated on the ENTIRE MP fee paid which includes shipping, sales tax and your payment processing fee.  Before MP you only got your TRS discount calculated on the price the buyer paid for the product.  So you are getting more money back in MP.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Changes-to-the-eBay-invoicing-process/ba-p/32004201

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@steelcitycards wrote:

Thanks,

James

@steelcitycards you're welcome! I agree, it's not at all clear.

My guess is path of least resistance/least effort programing - rather than making it so the system can identify different types of fee credits/promotions in that section and display them with labels that accurately describe what the credit is for, they seem to have just decided to go with a generic "special promotion" label to cover all bases.

tyler@ebay  payments_team@ebay  I know I've asked in the past, but just bumping this one back up on the radar - is there any way we can get the TRS+ credit displayed more clearly on the transaction record under Payments?

If the only type of credit ever shown in that spot would be the TRS+, then the easy fix would be to just change the name.  But if there could be multiple types of fee credits there and it's not possible to map the programing to display different labels for different kinds of credits, maybe at least one of the "little i in a circle" icons with a pop up (like the one that explains the total includes sales tax) that lists the different types of fee credits that may be represented there?

i.jpg

Hi @valueaddedresource - I'm on the same page as you on this: it's confusing and could be much clearer. I've gotten this to the payments team in the past, so I know it's in the suggestion box, but I really like the info-pop idea, so I'm going to get it shared again. With all the announcements from eBay Open I'm hopeful that we'll see some further enhancements to payments like this in the future!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thank you tyler@ebay!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply