cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird "Urgent Message" EIN/Tax issue...

sillynotice.PNG

So I got this and am very confused. The IRS says it doesn't match? Switched to a business account at the start of the year. My DBA matches my company name which is also on my business bank account. I re-entered my EIN and SSN just to make sure but I don't know what else to do. For the owner I have my full name including middle. I have not filed taxes as a business yet and won't until 2022 is over.

Any clarity would be greatly appreciated as this is very scary to say the least.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think you're just caught up in the current situation that many others are. It is still to be determined if it's legit or an eBay glitch. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What is your business classification? Are you a sole proprietor?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Single Member LLC

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I think you're just caught up in the current situation that many others are. It is still to be determined if it's legit or an eBay glitch. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Good so another eBay error not just me. Puts my mind at ease.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Seems so... Lots of problems today... On the IRS website they link to a resource to verify they have the right info. I set the account up hoping I don't have to deal with them. Forwarded to my accountant to just to see if there is anything I could do to keep the IRS off my back if eBay made some kind of reporting error.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

we received the same message, it must be legit because the message shows in the ebay account messages and not just in email, however there is nothing to change or update,,,so not sure whats going on.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply