cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Closed .. Freeing! : ) .. Questions Prompted ...

Hello there.  Boardie from years ago.  Have not been here in some time.  Hello to all those who remember me.  And a  greetings to the newbies who do not know me.   Below is what brings me the board today ...

I just cancelled my month-to-month premium store as it no lomger made any financial sense .. was no logner even selling enough to foot that $75 montly fee.  Sales were good years ago when I started but had gotten absoluely abysmal.    Some of that had to do with me going back to working out the home part time and no longer having the time to keep up with eBay and list reuglarly, etc .. but it is what it is .. eBay no longer made any finanical sense and no longer had a place in my life.

I also did not want to enroll in their new payment requirement as I was content iwth paypal.  So that's that, that is done and over with.  Extrenely freeing .. it had been a monkey on back for quite some time.

I plan to bundle things up and try to unload on FB in big lots for at a very low cost ot local people and whatever I can not move that way off to consignment shops and donation bins.  For any nice higher end things like my bil's EUC north face jacket I am going to take a whirl at it on posh .. have abot 10 choice things I am gonig to try that out on.

But the bottom line is I am going to clear out all this inventory and piles and piles of stuff will be cleared out .. 600 pieces of clothing .. gone .. yay .. a weight off my back.  It's the end of an era for me and I do appreicate eBay when it worked for me .. it was a true blessing during the years when worknig out of the home was impossible. So for that I am grareful .. but thoe days are done.  It's the end of a chapter in my life and oh, sometiemes I have a hard time saying good byes :  (  .. but good bye eBay.

In the meantime I had some questions that iI hope someone here can help me with before I have to call cs and deal with those people who were always pretty useless : ( ...

1) will my listings just roll over now unless I end them? . do not want to get hit with any insertion fees.

2) since I do not have the new payment thingy done will sales just no longer go through? .. what is the dealine to register for that?  

Does it just make the most sense for me to end all my listings the day before that is due?

I will still buy on eBay and I have no ill will.  Have gotten some real bargains on eBay over the years and wil continue to .. it just no longer made ai bit of sense to be a seller for me.

Thank you to anyone who can advise re; my questions above.  I'd rather get my answers on here .. so helpful to me many times in the past .. rather than wrangle with that cs department .. wow how I hated having to call there : (  

Hope your sales are going well.  Thanks in advance and kind regards.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Store Closed .. Freeing! : ) .. Questions Prompted ...

@klassic*kids wrote:

In the meantime I had some questions that iI hope someone here can help me with before I have to call cs and deal with those people who were always pretty useless : ( ...

1) will my listings just roll over now unless I end them? . do not want to get hit with any insertion fees.

2) since I do not have the new payment thingy done will sales just no longer go through? .. what is the dealine to register for that?  

Does it just make the most sense for me to end all my listings the day before that is due?

I will still buy on eBay and I have no ill will.  Have gotten some real bargains on eBay over the years and wil continue to .. it just no longer made ai bit of sense to be a seller for me.

Thank you to anyone who can advise re; my questions above.  I'd rather get my answers on here .. so helpful to me many times in the past .. rather than wrangle with that cs department .. wow how I hated having to call there : (  

@klassic*kids;

1. If you don't want to sell any more, you will need to end any listings that are still active.
  2. If you don't register for Managed Payments, eBay may implement it any way. If that happens, you will have to register for it to receive your payment.

So yes, it makes sense to end your listings before eBay changes them to MP.

Based on what has been reported, once you are rolled into MP, all of your current listings will switch to MP *unless* they already have a bid before then. Auctions with bids, will stay with the existing payment processor (PayPal). I don't know what might happen with fixed-price listings that have an offer at the time of the switch.

Supposedly, if a seller didn't sign up by the deadline, they were supposed to be blocked from posting or revising listings, but would stay with PayPal. However, there have been some sellers who were apparently switched to MP without having signed up for it, so they may have changed the original consequences.

Best of luck to you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@klassic*kids wrote:

1. You should manually end your listings.

2. Nobody can tell you your account's specific deadline. You need to find that in the e-mail eBay sent. You can still sell after the deadline but eBay will hold those funds until you register for MP.

Just end your listings now since you've already made the decision that you're done. There's no reason to risk missing the deadlines and causing a headache for yourself.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Of course I remember you and have wondered why you stopped posting.  I actually looked you up a few months ago to see if you were still selling.  Anyway, I will miss you and wish you well.  I understand the weight on the shoulders thing and piles of stuff that need gone.

I was given a date I had to join MP by.  My understanding was after that date passed, if I hadn't signed up, I would no longer be able to revise my listings and they would end at the next roll over.  I joined MP, so not sure if I'm entirely accurate and I don't know about the money part if something sells during this time.  I'm sure someone will come along to give you good info on that.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes, your listings will just roll over. When a seller cancels a store subscription, it takes effect on the first day of the next calendar month. So you still have your store free insertions through January.  You need to cancel listings before they roll over in February in excess of the 200 free insertions that you'll get for Feb. as a non-store seller.

But all that might be moot.  Every seller gets a deadline for signing up for MP. If you don't sign up by then, you just can't get paid. So find your notice and heed that deadline. Pull all your listings before then. If you don't have "Immediate payment required" on every listing, then you need more than just one day's lead time; at least a week, to either get paid or go through the unpaid item claim process to get your FVF credit.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

@klassic*kids;

1. If you don't want to sell any more, you will need to end any listings that are still active.
  2. If you don't register for Managed Payments, eBay may implement it any way. If that happens, you will have to register for it to receive your payment.

So yes, it makes sense to end your listings before eBay changes them to MP.

Based on what has been reported, once you are rolled into MP, all of your current listings will switch to MP *unless* they already have a bid before then. Auctions with bids, will stay with the existing payment processor (PayPal). I don't know what might happen with fixed-price listings that have an offer at the time of the switch.

Supposedly, if a seller didn't sign up by the deadline, they were supposed to be blocked from posting or revising listings, but would stay with PayPal. However, there have been some sellers who were apparently switched to MP without having signed up for it, so they may have changed the original consequences.

Best of luck to you.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I just wanted to wish you well in whatever life brings with it.  You have already received great advice on how to handle your listings.

Be safe and stay well,

Grandma

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much fern .. feel so loved and missed : )  .. We did have some good times here yeaars ago.  I started working out of the house in Sept 2019 part time and since it is a medically necessary setting I worked most of covid and abandoned eBay for the most part .. just kept in runing in the background in an attenpt to sell of my hoard .. er .. amassed inventory.

I hope 2021 is treating you well so far.  Happy Sales.  And that you and your loved ones are keepnig healthy.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you and to everyone else who commented on this threed with your help.  My deadline seems to be 1/20 .. I am going to end my listings today and be done with it.   Now .. the bugger is I have to take new pics and upload on FB and posh .. ugh .. I hope I can unload some of my inventory that way .. otherwse several trips to consignment shops and donation bins.  I was like a gypsy for awhile there amassing this stuff .. lol .. massive amounts are carefully stored away and I think only a couple of times I could not find when sold .. good OSS ratio .. it was not easy .. but I had a method in place that worked .. can not wait to get rid of thsi stuff ... totally freeing!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

your listing would remain until sold under PayPal, that is what happened to me, still selling despite not biting into MP.  Im just unable to list and relist.

Very sad to see you go

Message 9 of 9
latest reply