cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Coins

I received this message on Jan. 4:  Starting January 13, 2021, sellers in the Coins & Paper Money categories, including Bullion, will be notified to register or will be activated for managed payments if you’ve already pre-registered. Sellers that are already activated on managed payments may create listings in these categories beginning January 25.

I have a lot of coins to sell and I have been looking forward to Jan. 25 so I could start selling them. Today (Jan. 26) I tried posting them and I am still not allowed. When will I be able to sell them?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Selling Coins

Here it is: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Regarding-the-listing-of-Coins-Paper-Money-amp-Bullion/td-p/3...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Well, it looks like someone forgot to spread the word. Their help pages are still showing Coins & Paper Money and Bullion are still restricted. Knowing eBay "something went wrong".  I'm sure they'll get it fixed shortly, NOT.

@7thbeatle 

is it fixed?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@7thbeatle @rebell45 @dhbookds 

No it is not.

Someone from the eBay Payments TEAM just posted this announcement earlier today stating that the emails and messages that they sent out to coin sellers was incorrect.

That update can be found on the Payments board and can be also be viewed here.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Regarding-the-listing-of-Coins-Paper-Money-amp-Bullion/m-p/31...

payments_team@ebay

Regarding the listing of Coins, Paper Money & Bullion
01-27-2021 12:47:23 PM

You may have received an email stating that if you’re an existing managed payments seller you would be able to begin listing in coins, paper money and bullion categories beginning on January 25. This date was incorrect.

We’re bringing managed payments sellers into these categories in stages to ensure a smooth activation. This process will be between February 1 and March 9.

Thanks for your patience.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Here it is: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Regarding-the-listing-of-Coins-Paper-Money-amp-Bullion/td-p/3...

Thank you!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken   thanks for posting..........

that doesn't say when those in MP will be able to list tho........just when they will activate more into MP.......

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@go-bad-chicken   thanks for posting..........

that doesn't say when those in MP will be able to list tho........just when they will activate more into MP.......

I assume that they are going to be allowing sellers already in MP to list in the coin and paper money category sometime between Feb. 01 and March 09 , and that they will be doing it in batches???

But I am not really sure about that, as the message is rather vague with regards to exactly when for every individual seller.

"We’re bringing managed payments sellers into these categories in stages to ensure a smooth activation. This process will be between February 1 and March 9."

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Just got off the phone with eBay about this. They’re forcing us who sell coins to become a business account and register with an LLC!!! I told them that’s ridiculous. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

According the phone call I just had with eBay. They’re staying restricted unless you have a business account and register with an LLC! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Ebay has handled this appallingly! 

I was on the phone to them last week and was told that I would be able to sell coins again from 9 March (today). However, I have tried and still cannot.

The last of information, confused dates and messaging is a poor reflection on ebay. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

That's not what they told me. I was given 9 March as the date from which their "issues would be resolved" and I could sell coins again. It is now 9 March and I still cannot list coins.

I am also fed up with their Managed Payments system. With PayPal I got the money instantly, now with MP I have to wait for up to a week for money to come through to my bank account.

I am now thinking of abandoning ebay altogether and taking my business elsewhere!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I just called this morning as well.  I was told March 9, and I still cannot list my coins.  I was given the run-around.  Is there another good platform to sell coins on?  I tried Mercari this morning, and their seller fee is apparently 10%.  

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I was hoping to list a few Morgans one at a time.  Does this mean I have to receive manage payments?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@retiredguy922 At least in the US, there was a time when you could NOT list your coins if you were converted to using managed payments.  However, as of a few months ago, eBay began allowing managed payment sellers to list coins.  I've listed and sold a few since then.  I assume if you are a seller NOT converted to using managed payments you probably still can list via PayPal as I was until my secondary account was converted in March 2021.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply