cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really eBay…… REALLY!!!

So I just noticed an option to add a debit card as a payout destination for near instant payouts for a small fee. I added my debit card and immediately encountered the same nightmare I had linking my bank account. eBay supposedly can’t verify my debit card and wants paper work submitted  to verify and in the mean time payouts are disabled even to the primary verified account. Why in the world does eBay see fit to make the simple act of getting paid an act of congress. No other platform I have used put such an overzealous effort into verifying payout methods. Every time I have to deal with managed payments I miss the speed and simplicity of getting payouts sent to PayPal. I know some people will speculate that this is to keep people from using eBay as a source of funding for crime and terror but how can they truly achieve that by making sure the owner of the bank account is the same owner of the eBay account? I cant see any valid reason for it other than to annoy sellers to death. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Really eBay…… REALLY!!!

@slpentico 

You know the funds still go to your checking account?

The only difference, you have to pay a fee.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, the difference is not having to wait days for the transfer to complete. Once the transaction processes on eBay’s end its in your account In about an hour.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@slpentico wrote:

Yes, the difference is not having to wait days for the transfer to complete. Once the transaction processes on eBay’s end its in your account In about an hour.

Is it worth the extra fee?

If it takes days to receive the funds, that's on your bank.

My funds are usually in my bank that night or the next morning.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply