cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payouts

I'm a seller on eBay for almost 10 years------What exactly are payouts?-----Will ebay deduct Monthly ebay fees from my account as PayPal used to do?     Can anyone please explain--Baxterclothing

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Payouts

You really need to read the info:

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/payments

Briefly.........payouts refers to MP sending the money to your bank.........Out of the buyer payment they automatically deduct fvf BEFORE it's sent to you.

Monthly ebay bills comprise store fees and such other things as labels for returns, insertion upgrades, etc and that will be billed to whatever source you previously had (paypal, cc).......unless you choose to change it.

All this assumes you are IN managed payments.........

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@baxterclothing wrote:

I'm a seller on eBay for almost 10 years------What exactly are payouts?-----Will ebay deduct Monthly ebay fees from my account as PayPal used to do?     Can anyone please explain--Baxterclothing

Payouts are funds from your sales (less eBay collected sales tax) processed through Managed Payments and sent to your bank checking account.  You are able to choose daily or weekly payouts.  The category based FVF + $0.30 per order fee is deducted before the payout is sent to you bank.   Some fees are still invoiced monthly such as store subscription fees, insertion fees, listing upgrade fees, promoted listing fees, etc. and will continue to be paid through the automatic payment method you have selected.  You are able to change the automatic payment method by going to the Payments tab in Seller Hub and look under Settings.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Good luck getting your payouts i have been waiting sence October the 5th and still no payments from ebay it started out them owing me $117 that I have never received and now they are up too  almost $1400 and 27 days later and still no money has been deposited too me I have heard every story they have in their ebay books of oh its just a glitch or we are working on a new system well thats not my fault fix your problems before you turn it lose on your sellers im sure they are making good interest of our money and i even sent the CEO of ebay a email and of course no RESPONSE you never get a strait story or they can't tell me wear the problem is BUT I CAN ASURE YOU ONE THING WHEN MY $2000 FEES ARE DO AT THE END OF THE MONTH THEY SURE KNOW HOW TOO GET THEM OUT OF MY ACCOUNT BUT THEY CANT FIND THE PROBLEM TOO PUT MONEY THEY OWE ME IN MY ACCOUNT  IM NOT A VERY HAPPY SELLER WITH EBAY AT THIS TIME THE SYSTEM IS A TRAIN WRECK ON ITS WAY TOO A DISASTER. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I bet if all the sellers put a stop payment on our monthly fees too ebay or closed our accounts they would fix this train wreck of a SO CALLED PAYOUT SYSTEM THEY HAVE generated 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

In the questions they asked for MP months ago I think I said DAILY PAYOUTS, MP started today the 27th of October, how and where do I look at my account to see what I did months ago,

Can I assume daily means sold today, pay tomorrow?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@gporpc wrote:

In the questions they asked for MP months ago I think I said DAILY PAYOUTS, MP started today the 27th of October, how and where do I look at my account to see what I did months ago,

Can I assume daily means sold today, pay tomorrow?

That isn't how MP works.  Take a look at this link.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Managed-Payments/How-payouts-work-on-managed-payments/gpm-p/31276187#M...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

In my account that means no payout 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Is PAYOUT similar to the eCheck days where a seller buys and item and regardless of however the pay the money is deposited into your bank via an eCheck that takes 3 to 4 business days? Or is it instant into your bank account  like Paypal does?

Also why would someone who sells daily NOT want to get paid (PAYOUT) daily? What are the advantages of setting PAYOUTs to weekly?

meh
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

It’s PATHETIC. I AM

HAVING SAME PROBLEM. WHEN ITEM SOLD PAYMENT SHOWS AS PAID BUT FIESNT TRANSFER TO MY CHECKING ACOUNT FOR 7-21 days. I WANT TO GO BACK TO LEAVE IN PAYPAL ABD LET ME MOVE FUNDS. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@zorro1924 wrote:

It’s PATHETIC. I AM

HAVING SAME PROBLEM. WHEN ITEM SOLD PAYMENT SHOWS AS PAID BUT FIESNT TRANSFER TO MY CHECKING ACOUNT FOR 7-21 days. I WANT TO GO BACK TO LEAVE IN PAYPAL ABD LET ME MOVE FUNDS. 

My buyer pays.

MP confirms that payment.

I ship within my handling time. I use my "pending", or "available" funds in MP to pay for shipping by scrolling down on the label page to choose that option.

The buyer payment is "processed" , and "completed" within 1-2 days and becomes "available".

"Payout" of "available" funds are made the next "business" day.

My "payouts" are showing deposited in my CU checking account the next "business" day after they are made. YMMV

I started with "daily" (daily when funds were available) , but have chosen to switch to "weekly"(done on Tuesdays) payouts.

PayPal no longer wants to process the eBay payments. ebay has a new processor (Adyen) that does not "front" the payments before they process.

There is no "go back".

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Well aren't you just the fancy adopter of Ebay bull**bleep**. Some of us do not like the change. I don't want to wait 1-2 business days to have the money from my sale available. I also liked the flexibility of the PayPal ATM card linked to my seller account. The cash was readily available once the buyer completed the sale. There may not be a "go back", but Ebay WILL offer us something for this bull**bleep** change in the payout model. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@jerseyshorepicker wrote:

Well aren't you just the fancy adopter of Ebay bull**bleep**. Some of us do not like the change. I don't want to wait 1-2 business days to have the money from my sale available. I also liked the flexibility of the PayPal ATM card linked to my seller account. The cash was readily available once the buyer completed the sale. There may not be a "go back", but Ebay WILL offer us something for this bull**bleep** change in the payout model. 

Payout process is just the beginning.  Soon to come will be the change in how invoicing is done.

It isn't about what we like, or don't like.

You use what you are presented with by the owner of the selling platform.  You adapt, or not. The choice is up to each individual. You are not "required" to do anything that you do not want to do.

I could rant, and rant, and rant about the changes, but as they have a very minor impact on me, and I have no power to change the rules, I choose to stay, sell, make money.

Yes eBay WILL offer you something. Stay, and play in the eBay sandbox by the eBay rules, or move on to greener pastures.

Reminds me of the young Sargent that wanted to extend his enlistment to take an assignment back in '87.  Oddly it did not happen as he was denied based upon his ongoing attitude of borderline compliance/non-compliance.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yeah, good luck. Ebay sent me a $1600 payout four days ago, I never got the money, and every time I call ebay they tell me to call some 3rd party and if I try to make them do their job they HANG UPON ME

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

In my case, Ebay will not pay me the oney they owe. They claim that the account MUST be a old-fashined account at a bricks and mortar bank. I thought they were advanced in their thinking. Bring back Paypal as Ebay is making a real hash of it. They claim they cannot pay the money into my E-bank, yet they will take payments from there, and they made microdeposits to verify the account. I am going to the Trading Standards to make a complaint.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply