cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

Hello. My account has been suspended due to a canceled purchase. and Ebay has reimbursed the seller for his money. How do I pay a one-time payment on Ebay to have my account reinstated?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Payments

@broski_store wrote:

Yes, I forgot to include the price for shipping in the listing, and if I had shipped the item, I would not have seen any profit, but instead would have paid out of my pocket. The price was small for a t-shirt, and moreover it is original.

And about the reviews, I made all 11 sales recently and my packages have not reached the buyers yet and they are still on their way.

@broski_store 

Okay... this is making a little more sense now. I'll start by saying that I sure wish you'd taken the loss on the shipping charge for that order and just sent it. If so, you might still have listings up. Allow me to expand...

I have a feeling that you were already under eBay's radar for possibly several reasons. 1) New seller with 2) a pretty broad and deep inventory of 3) fairly pricey, 4) highly faked jerseys with 5) such a long delivery time that you haven't even completed a sale yet.

If any of the above is correct, the cancellation killed you. I suppose even a truthful Out of Stock cancellation would. Dang. And I can't think of a way out of it. Double dang.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 30 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Payments

This is a bit confusing. If you are the buyer and your seller cancelled your order, the seller is owed no money.

I've never heard of a one-time payment to have an account reinstated... where did you hear of this?

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Payments

I'm a seller, and did a cancel order. Ebay refunded the buyer and my account was restricted from selling. I'm pretty sure I was restricted because of the debt. I want to pay Ebay's one time charge for the buyer's refund but I don't know how. How do I do this?

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Payments

@broski_store wrote:

I'm a seller, and did a cancel order. Ebay refunded the buyer and my account was restricted from selling. I'm pretty sure I was restricted because of the debt. I want to pay Ebay's one time charge for the buyer's refund but I don't know how. How do I do this?

Thanks for clarifying. ^^^This makes sense and is the opposite of what you originally posted. 

You don't say why you canceled but cancelling an order after a buyer has purchased and paid for it is the kiss of death for a seller and it's unlikely that you will be able to pay your way back into ebay's good graces. 

You weren't restricted because of "the debt" but instead, were restricted because your cancellation left ebay with an unhappy buyer. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Payments

When a buyer is refunded it comes out of "available funds" immediately. If there are not "available funds" it would come out of your banking institution which you can pay eBay immediately. 

The refund might still be pending and that takes like 3-4 business days to get reimbursed which is maybe why your account is currently on hold. Just a guess.

If you sold something for the first time...usually the funds are on hold for 30 days of this sale. Doing a refund on a sale you cancel for the first time does present a problem. I guess paying the cancel sale immediately with your banking institution might work. The refund you did is probably still being processed. Just a thought.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Payments

What exactly does the suspension notice from eBay state? If you would like some type of guidance for your situation, cut and paste the complete eBay communication here while leaving out any personal information. 

Posting ID
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Payments

I appreciate the clarification, too. I'm with @albertabrightalberta... I think the restriction is for the cancellation. How many of those have you had since you started selling?

As @12345jamesstamps points out, here in the US our refunds are done (for cancellations) while the monies are still Pending... and I'm not sure if you use Managed Payments or Payoneer where you are, so there may be a difference in how refunds are handled for you. 🤔

How many cancellations have you had?

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Payments

Это первая отмена. 

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Payments

@broski_store wrote:

Это первая отмена. 

@broski_store 

This is your first cancellation? Well, I'm even more confused. Was it the jersey with Free Shipping? Listed in error?

Sorry... but I've never heard of a seller being booted with only one cancellation. Sit tight for other posters...

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Payments

Here's what they write: 

Thank you for contacting eBay customer service. My name is Siddharth and I will be glad to help you with the issue on your account.

First of all, we truly appreciate you for choosing eBay.. We understand that you are looking to remove the restriction from your account however, we regret to inform you that based on the information we currently have on record, we have decided that your account will remain indefinitely suspended. Please note that suspension is not related to canceling the order, the reasons are entirely different.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you the exact reasons because it will disclose our investigation parameters. Due to the possibility of circumvention of eBay restriction/suspension policy, we are not allowed to share exact reasons in public.  

We understand that this decision may be inconvenient for you however, we must prioritize the safety and security of our platform and our users, and take all necessary measures to enforce our policies and maintain the integrity of our service.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Payments

Here's what they write:

We're here to help you get back to selling

Hello broski_store,
We wanted to let you know that you have been temporarily restricted from selling and buying on eBay because of concerns about your seller account. This must be frustrating, but measures like these help keep our marketplace safe for everyone.

Here’s what you should do
Please get in touch as soon as you can by going to the Help & Contact page below and selecting Contact Us. We’ll just need to ask you a few questions to verify your account so you can get back up and running again.. If we don’t hear from you within 7 days, your account may be at risk of being suspended.
Help & Contact

In the meantime, your listings have been moved to your Unsold folder, and we credited any associated fees to your account. You can find the listings we moved below. As soon as your account has been reactivated, you’ll be able to relist these items.

We appreciate you being part of the eBay community and we’re here to help you get back on track.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Payments

"Please note that suspension is not related to canceling the order, the reasons are entirely different." 

I don't think it was for a canceled order.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Payments

We understand that you are looking to remove the restriction from your account however, we regret to inform you that based on the information we currently have on record, we have decided that your account will remain indefinitely suspended. Please note that suspension is not related to canceling the order, the reasons are entirely different.

@broski_store 

Well, it looks to me like the restriction didn't have to do with the cancellation at all. I notice that you have several soccer jerseys sold. (And if I remember correctly, you used to have many, many more listed.) Could it be that eBay is wanting to confirm authenticity/ownership of those great jerseys?

And if that is true... were you supposed to supply that information with the first eBay message that included, "Here's what you should do." Did you react to that message at all?

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Payments

Yes, I wrote right away asking what the reason was and what I should do. But they haven't replied yet. What do you think the problem is? I see you're an experienced seller.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Payments

@broski_store wrote:

Here's what they write: 

Thank you for contacting eBay customer service. My name is Siddharth and I will be glad to help you with the issue on your account.

First of all, we truly appreciate you for choosing eBay.. We understand that you are looking to remove the restriction from your account however, we regret to inform you that based on the information we currently have on record, we have decided that your account will remain indefinitely suspended. Please note that suspension is not related to canceling the order, the reasons are entirely different.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you the exact reasons because it will disclose our investigation parameters. Due to the possibility of circumvention of eBay restriction/suspension policy, we are not allowed to share exact reasons in public.  

We understand that this decision may be inconvenient for you however, we must prioritize the safety and security of our platform and our users, and take all necessary measures to enforce our policies and maintain the integrity of our service.

Must easier to get to the root of the situation with the eBay communication. Thank you.

When eBay states, "your account will remain indefinitely suspended",  that is what they mean. Making some sort of one time payment does not get your account back. It is just wishful thinking.

Since they did not give a particular reason for the indefinite suspension,  I will speculate that your account was linked to a previously suspended account. Could be through name, address, credit card number, phone number, IP address or any other number of identifiers. 

Sorry this happened to you. 

Posting ID
Message 15 of 34
latest reply