cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non payer

passline
Scout

Do non-payers get discredited in anyway? Or is it not even a slap on the wrist like it always has been. I’m back selling for the first time in a long time and of course, non-payers are showing up immediately.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Non payer

If they get 2 or more NPB strikes, they will be blocked from buying from many sellers. Other than that, not much happens to them.

@passline 

The unpaid item process changed (for the better) earlier this year. 

Non payers are given a strike, just like before. Sellers who have their Buyer Requirements set to block those with strikes will benefit from those who have issued strikes. 

With Managed Payments, eBay doesn’t get paid until the buyer pays. When PayPal was the processor, eBay got 10% even if there was no payment. That left it to the seller to report the buyer to get a credit. 
Because eBay is losing out, the entire process can be completed after 96 hours, shaving a full 2 days off the previous program. 
(it may be that eBay automatically issues the strike this after the 96 hours, I’m not sure)

Welcome back. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I don't know how long you've been away, but eBay has speeded up the process (for sellers, anyway) on Unpaid Items.

That's the good news.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Your last sentence is perfect.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
latest reply