cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microdeposits not working

Anyone help?

I am trying to set up the new payment by linking my bank account. It's ages since I've sold anything, and I used to use Paypal, but that's gone now. It keeps saying there's a problem with making the microdeposits. I've been trying for a couple of days, and no luck. Same error message. I've tried different amounts, but it just keeps failing. It suggested linking my bank acocunt by logging into my bank, but I don't do online banking. I've tried contacting ebay through their "Contact us" link, but that keeps saying "Thanks. We won't reply to your SUGGESTION". It's not a suggestion - I need help! Can anyone here help, please? I found another thread about this topic, but that thread is now locked.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Microdeposits not working

Just trying a reply to myself, because I missed the "Email me when someone replies". Ticking that box now.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@iankilminster wrote:

I've tried different amounts, but it just keeps failing.

What do you mean, you've tried different amounts?

You have to enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I tried 1p and 5p. It didn't work. So I tried 10p and 99p. And a few other combinations.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

i’m having the same issue 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Stil no luck. Ebay have now made 5 (bizarre) microdeposits into my account, and taken nothing out after about three weeks. So at least I've made a profit of about 10p 🙂

I've now sold something on Ebay and set my bank account as the preferred method for taking their fees. Let's see if all of a sudden they can get it to work.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hey iankilminster. Did you recieve the payments to your bank account? I'm having the same issue with microdeposits and I'm selling an item...

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I have the same problem. I spoke to someone at Ebay and they explained not all banks accept microdeposits so it was an issue with my bank. I wasn't convinced the agent knew what he was talking about so I called my bank.  My bank confirmed that they do indeed accept micro deposits.  I think eBay just doesn't know what they're doing. Im not sure why they no longer work with PayPal, but they are going to start feeling some pain if its impossible for willing sellers to use eBay 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Same thing happened to me I need hel as well

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same problem with micro deposit verification. The ebay person has referred it to the technical department 24/48 hour solution. Still wont work. Bring back Paypal, I say.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

HI brcha_47. I did receive the deposits (5 in total), but they never took the money out again, which I believe is what completes the registration process. So far I've received about 10 pence (US$0.15) in total. Maybe I'll try again, and earn a bit more...

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Same here.  Ebay is now a disaster.....22 years w/o issue, and now the last three months have been hell.  I was asked and re-entered my account five times.....ensured the name of the bank account matched ebays.  And, Chase Bank is not listed if you try and log in to the account directly.  Asked for Paypal, no.  Asked for a check, no.  They want me to go an open a new account, at another bank.....unreal.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Same problem here. Can’t believe they don’t have chase bank listed. I have over $200 locked in my account.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Same here. And can’t get a hold of no one at eBay 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply