cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Payment

I joined the manage payment and unfortunately it gives me quite some hardship. The latest one is HOLDING PAYMENT. When I joined the program, I was asked to provide many very personal information including copies of my ID (front and back of my driver's license). I submitted the copies but for whatever reasons, eBay kept asking me to submit them again and again. The last time I submitted the copies again was last week, and today I noticed that they are not sending payment to my bank account. In other words Payout was declined. Any suggestions that I could settle this problem one more time and for good? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Manage Payment

@wrong66 wrote:

I just get the feeling that many of the new people coming into MP are left hung out to dry with some very serious issues. Besides the normal group of chronic complainers, we're getting TOO MANY people in here lately with serious issues and with absolutely no support. Bringing people into MP without prior notice or seller registration is quite disturbing, especially for the sellers who don't know what the hell hit them, only that they get an email telling them that their money is no longer going to PayPal and with little direction for what they should do. Then having money held until they register? What? This is crazy. I have a bad feeling. 

@wrong66   I agree with you on that.  For what it's worth I have sent notes to ebay staff asking HOW and WHY a member would be signed up for MP and allowed to keep selling without provding their checking account information.   They should just not be allowed to sell if their deadline is up until they COMPLETE registration.  I keep helping people that want their money but don't want to give their checking account information, that should NEVER happen.     

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@wrong66 wrote:

I just get the feeling that many of the new people coming into MP are left hung out to dry with some very serious issues. Besides the normal group of chronic complainers, we're getting TOO MANY people in here lately with serious issues and with absolutely no support. Bringing people into MP without prior notice or seller registration is quite disturbing, especially for the sellers who don't know what the hell hit them, only that they get an email telling them that their money is no longer going to PayPal and with little direction for what they should do. Then having money held until they register? What? This is crazy. I have a bad feeling. 

@wrong66   The explanation is very clear since eBay HAS not implemented the Registration then Activation step by step process that MP Indoctrination groups HAD to go through earlier this year ... and @comics-scifi-collectibles  made a perfect point in a post on this thread that these new MP members (getting forced in without proper Registration) are still allowed to Sell ... so, until eBay corrects their little "mistake" then the reason they are doing this is to launder money and earn interest on it while giving these new MP members no clear direction or path on how to QUICKLY complete their registration so they get paid ... we're talking MILLIONS of dollars here ... MILLIONS ... eBay is more than welcome to prove me wrong but until they do then THAT is the reason they have done this.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@wrong66 wrote:

@wrong66   The explanation is very clear since eBay HAS not implemented the Registration then Activation step by step process that MP Indoctrination groups HAD to go through earlier this year ... and @comics-scifi-collectibles  made a perfect point in a post on this thread that these new MP members (getting forced in without proper Registration) are still allowed to Sell ... so, until eBay corrects their little "mistake" then the reason they are doing this is to launder money and earn interest on it while giving these new MP members no clear direction or path on how to QUICKLY complete their registration so they get paid ... we're talking MILLIONS of dollars here ... MILLIONS ... eBay is more than welcome to prove me wrong but until they do then THAT is the reason they have done this.

@mr_lincoln   I give the reason 50% ineptitude and 50% profit. 

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@wrong66 wrote:

@mr_lincoln   I give the reason 50% ineptitude and 50% profit. 

@comics-scifi-collectibles   Well, you made that point which just stuck out like a sore thumb ... it was like, "that's right, WE were all told if you didn't Register you couldn't list anything new."  So WHAT changed?  Well, its all programming and if a change occurred it had to be implemented by a human on a computer ... so it begs the question, WHO told them to change the process that would put accounts in MP bypassing previous procedures and then NOT give those NEW MP Sellers a quick, easy means of completing the process so they get paid?

Regards,
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

@mr_lincoln   I'm sure that the IT dept for MP isn't any better than the rest of the site.  I'm feeling rather cranky today can you tell.  LOL  

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@mr_lincoln   I'm sure that the IT dept for MP isn't any better than the rest of the site.  I'm feeling rather cranky today can you tell.  LOL  

I passed cranky about an hour ago when a Buyer living 5 hours away processed an INR claim ... ship day Nov 23 and today, Dec 1 NO DELIVERY.  i am now downright P-Oed to the max.  I told eBay's support team on a thread they needed to push out the INR claim window to AT LEAST 7 days past the estimated delivery date ... I got the old "We're keeping a close eye on that .." Dale Carnegie reply ... BULL!  They aren't doing squat,  I have a number of Buyers who messaged asking where their packages were?

I really hope I am around for the Chat tomorrow ... I plan to bring that up on the Chat opposed to a non-descript thread that can be buried ...

Regards,
Message 21 of 29
latest reply

New to MP, can't get money from my sales. I have provided all the information Ebay has asked me to send (ss, bank statement, changed my name on Ebay to match my statement exactly, yada, yada) same old song and dance: I'm notified they sent a payment, a couple of the days later they tell me that "We ran into a problem", next day they try again, same thing, rinse and repeat. Maybe there was a reason Paypal was used for this process, neither Paypal or the IRS have had any trouble sending me money to my bank to the same account I'm telling Ebay to send it to. It is getting tiresome and nerve wracking.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Check your birth date, re enter it in. make sure you use the 0 in front of single #'s. this   and the advise to make sure  your name matches your bank account (middle  initial) this is what fixed my account. 

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Been on and off with eBay support, so far they are keeping my money indefinitely for the items I've sold until I open a new checking account in order to receive my last payout and be able to close my eBay account for good. They are unwilling to send my last payment to my regular PayPal, Brokers checking account, or a paper check to my address.

I've contacted the news about it. I hope they will bring it to surface because really not a lot of people have the privilege to incur extra fees for new checking accounts or keep a $500 up balance to avoid those fees. Many have lost their jobs and eBay was their only source of income at the moment. Depending on your level of privilege, some people were done dirty by eBay and that's when we need to decide if those are the values and ethics of a company we want to support.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

As of today, we are still waiting for eBay to send us two weekly payouts (and another one is waiting). We submitted and submitted and submitted...and corrected and corrected and corrected everything they ask, but nothing happens so far. Any suggestion? Many thanks.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@pmscrafts74 wrote:

Looks like there is still alot of issues with managed payments so we are not doing it at this time - BUT I have a question - when you ship on ebay, where does the shipping cost come from? When this MP first came about you got paid via MP BUT shipping came out of PayPal which was stupid. So now does shipping come out of the fund that were paid with - Like MP? Hope that this makes sense 

Just an additional view that may help you locate this on the label form.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Received TWO more e-mails from eBay asking us to UPDATE our account. When we updated the information, the page said we have NOT CHANGED ANYTHING and declined our update. We missed paying a couple of bills...meaning not only my credit scores will be downgraded, but also have to pay late fees. What is eBay going on? 

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

The same thing is happening to me.  Ebay took the money out for shipping and then charged me on PayPal.

I can't get anyone to call me.  Is there an email address for customer service?  That assistant is a joke!

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

@kaye2816 wrote:

The same thing is happening to me.  Ebay took the money out for shipping and then charged me on PayPal.

I can't get anyone to call me.  Is there an email address for customer service?  That assistant is a joke!

@kaye2816   Since they charged you fees on Paypal that you already paid I'd try social media.  They usually can't help with MP issues but this is not necessarily an MP issue

Contact customer service by sending a private message on social media. You leave a message and an eBay employee will get back to you as soon as possible. To speed things up you can leave your registered account information in the PRIVATE message: Full name, address, phone number, email address, user ID, and a brief explanation of your problem.

They may take a few days to get back to you but it's usually sooner.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 29 of 29
latest reply