cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my yearly shipping costs in Managed Payments?

I have spent hours searching Ebay and I cannot figure out how to access a report that shows how much I have paid in shipping though Managed Payments.  I can see the individual shipping label costs under the "Orders" tab but that only goes back 90 days and does not print as a report. The Ebay invoice does not list shipping cost and the generated monthly reports only shows how much the buyer paid, not the actual cost of the shipping label.  Surely Ebay has an easier way to access your yearly shipping cos through Managed Payments.  Please help this frustrated Ebay seller regain her sanity.  Your guidance is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@nwseller10 

I don't use MP funds to pay for shipping, however, I think you can find your label costs by downloading the transaction report.  Go to Seller Hub>Payments>Reports.   I thought this report only had a 90 day lookback, but  was able to download from Jan through today when I tested it out.  With this report you will have to do some moving around of the data on a spreadsheet if you want just shipping label costs.

Another way to go about it is go to Seller Hub>Sales.  This will not produce an itemized report for download, however, if you just need total amounts paid for shipping you can get that number for quarterly date ranges and then add them together for a total.

Let me tag @mam98031 to see if she can offer you any other suggestions as I think she uses MP funds to pay for shipping labels.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@nwseller10 

I don't use MP funds to pay for shipping, however, I think you can find your label costs by downloading the transaction report.  Go to Seller Hub>Payments>Reports.   I thought this report only had a 90 day lookback, but  was able to download from Jan through today when I tested it out.  With this report you will have to do some moving around of the data on a spreadsheet if you want just shipping label costs.

Another way to go about it is go to Seller Hub>Sales.  This will not produce an itemized report for download, however, if you just need total amounts paid for shipping you can get that number for quarterly date ranges and then add them together for a total.

Let me tag @mam98031 to see if she can offer you any other suggestions as I think she uses MP funds to pay for shipping labels.

@mcdougle4248 

You are correct.  And YES some good news about the report is you can get it for the full year now.  There is also a flag at the top of that page that says:  We’re updating your transaction report to include new information. By early January, your report will include custom labels, eBay collected tax, and ship-to locations.

We will have to wait to see if it gets us everything we need but it sound promising.  We have to have a single report that gives us ALL the ins and outs to our MP accounts, without exception.  So it is exciting that this new report is coming.  I look forward to seeing it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@nwseller10 

@mcdougle4248 

You are correct.  And YES some good news about the report is you can get it for the full year now.  There is also a flag at the top of that page that says:  We’re updating your transaction report to include new information. By early January, your report will include custom labels, eBay collected tax, and ship-to locations.

We will have to wait to see if it gets us everything we need but it sound promising.  We have to have a single report that gives us ALL the ins and outs to our MP accounts, without exception.  So it is exciting that this new report is coming.  I look forward to seeing it.

Thank you for mentioning the flag at the top of the MP reports page ...I over looked that!  I can hardly wait to

see the new transaction report.   I hope eBay listened to your suggestions 😁

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Well it sure couldn't have been from a lack of effort on my part !!!!  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 

I started a thread on the MP board in case you want to pop in.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Managed-Payments/Finally-Some-GOOD-News-regarding-Reports/gpm-p/314565...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

What if I offer free shipping? I download this annual report my shipping column is $0.00. How do I get an annual report of all the shipping I paid for out of pocket through eBay shipping program (USPS/FedEx/ETC.) When I go to shipping labels I can only go back 90 days and can not find an annual report for this. There has to be a way for tax purposes to pull this information, but I can not figure it out. Please help.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@rebotix wrote:

What if I offer free shipping? I download this annual report my shipping column is $0.00. How do I get an annual report of all the shipping I paid for out of pocket through eBay shipping program (USPS/FedEx/ETC.) When I go to shipping labels I can only go back 90 days and can not find an annual report for this. There has to be a way for tax purposes to pull this information, but I can not figure it out. Please help.

payments_team@ebay 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I need to fine what I paid in monthly shipping costs for the 2020 year ????

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@jmar221 wrote:

I need to fine what I paid in monthly shipping costs for the 2020 year ????

@jmar221 

For the period of time you were in MP you will find all your reports in the Seller Hub under the Payments Tab.  There are several reports you can download to help you with your bookkeeping.

If you weren't in MP for the entire year, then you will have to look to PayPal for those months you used them.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply