cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay employees are horrific!

I am trying to call managed payments to request corrections to 1099k . I have spoken to their leaderships and they are incompetent and mean. The first one had no clue what 1099k is (she was calling it 299k). The second started steering conversation onto something else when I didn’t mention it. I asked him to open excel sheet that they uploaded so he can understand what I am talking anout. He then stated I am yelling and he will be ending call. I the. Called back and asked for supervisor to place complaint who had heavy accent stated he is supervisor. I said I need him to transfer me. He said he needs to know why. I said to place complaint. He said he can take complaint. Are you kidding me? And then they will be surprised when I place complaints with AG NY and IRS. How are you supposed to get them to correct records and 1099k reports when they don’t take notes and they don’t pull their own reports to be able to understand where the problem is.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@shipscript wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

We have had eBay staff confirm several times that the 1099K is based on the Payout date - the day that money is sent from eBay to your bank (not the sale date, not the buyer payment date, and not the date that your bank actually posts the funds), and that refunds are not a part of the 1099K.

You have a valid question about the seller hub report, when comparing it to the 1099.

To reconcile the month, it would seem to me that sellers should use the MP payout date and then move all of the settled transaction data over to that date to make the numbers align. This means the cross-month data for bookkeeping purposes will not align with 1099 data for some transactions, and so the data will be hard to interpret. We can see dates in the CSV report.

The CSV I'm referring to is not the one shown in the screenshot above.

@shipscript   Here is the litmus test for eBay's accounting practices.  When I was with PayPal their database records matched what the 1099K had.   As a Tax ID holder I have to report my sales during the calendar year (either quarterly or bi-annually) ... so I always used the PayPal CSV file to generate my sales totals during the year ... so for the last part of any year I would do that in January and then compare my total from several points during the year with the total on the 11099K ... no issues ... it was actually a good double check process to be honest.

When eBay took over those duties I was concerned that they would not get it right (let me add "at first" here in all fairness) and ALL of the threads about this topic (this year) and questions on when they (eBay) does or doesn't record a transaction on either the CSV file OR 1099K tabulation OR Transaction report etc are important questions ... the numbers should ALL match since they ALL stem from the same set of transactions.  PayPal must have done it in real time (maybe because they fronted the money) ... eBay apparently doesn't work in real time (we know they don't front the money) ...

I was also concerned that the burden of accurate accounting would fall on Sellers (your second full paragraph above) and I think that is what happened here.  And while I "get" that eBay has stated they only use amounts that have bent sent as "Payouts" it again points to poor accounting since for Weekly Payout Sellers they could have an entire week of sales missed at the end of the year AND that amount could be compounded if the final Payout day falls on a Tuesday after a Monday Holiday because they HOLD that money for an extra week ...which, if my calendar is accurate will happen this year when Christmas is on Sunday Dec 25th but Monday the 26th is the Bank closing Holiday (the observed day I think they call it) so the Tuesday Dec 27th Payout will push to the following week which is January ...

Sorry that last sentence was a run on but there is a lot that has to tie together for the numbers (and planets) to align ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 31 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

If a 1099k is incorrect eBay has to correct it. eBay does not have the trained staff to deal with this mess

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Now they making 3sec calls so you are unable to answer and they send email they called but I have no missed call. 50108D3E-CB8F-429C-BF72-DFE7B7EE1D11.jpeg95B4028E-CD05-46E8-93C2-353241DDE1F1.jpeg

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

How are they going to correct it? Since they don’t want to listen and resolve anything. They don’t come up with resolution as they don’t even investigate or listen to you. All they want to talk about is the memorized script and be proactive yo blame you for not helping you such as hang up, block you etc.

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

It sounds like this 1099 issue is going to be a big mess.  You are dealing with overseas CS agents and they are useless, as many have posted here. They basically tell you what you want to hear and solve nothing. 

Try this link and see if it can help you: 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

These are credible US agents that work for ebay and many positives have been posted with their efforts to help.  Don't be surprised if you don't hear from them right away.  They're probably up to their eyebrows with similar complaints.  Hang in there.  Good luck. 

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

I spoke to US leadership : a man who didn't listen and another person who knew nothing. They both were talking about credits while I never mentioned it a the cause of discrepancy. I was trying to point to the day]tes shifted and they told me there is noone above them to talk to and they have no resolution without looking at anything

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

Did you contact them through ebay CS? If you did, try what I suggested.  Sending positive vibes your way. 😉 Keep us posted. 

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

PS If you did contact them through ebay customer service, they're just telling you what they think you want to hear and move on to the next complaint.  They read from scripts and are using names that are not their actual names.  It's ridiculous and very unprofessional on ebay's part. 

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Just spoke to another rep who was confused what 1099k is . I asked for supervisor and had to hang up as the lady was pretending she is looking for one . Call lasted 1 and 14 min. I am just placing complaint with gov. Theyare supposed to know what they doing and correct it when asked for. I need accurate monthly gross and not approximate. 2129BF33-2FA4-4E57-936F-576644B705BC.jpeg

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

I was trying to point to the day]tes shifted . . .

@partfinds 

Sorry, but what exactly is the problem with your 1099-K again?

Is it the same as on this thread?

1099-k form for 2020 issued on Jan 30th 2022 

And this thread?

new 2021 1099-k numbers don't match up? 

Maybe reading the replies issued in those two threads might help you . . .

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

I need accurate monthly gross and not approximate. 

That's why I keep my own numbers through the year..

Have a great day
Message 11 of 42
latest reply

I need to provide acurate numbers coming from them somewhere else. My numbers don’t count as the assumption is they maybe faked.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

Did you include cost of shipping when you calculated your sales total?   1099 includes (purchase price + shipping income).    Then when you deduct for expenses you subtract cost for shipping labels.

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

That is not an issue. Issue is that they placed sevaral last days from a month onto new month so monthly gross doesn’t reflect specific month gross but mixture of 2 months for the whole year. Itis not the transactions I am questioning but monthly gross totals that should be just about that month : january1-31, february 1-28, march 1-31 etc. When you open details from their 1099k monthly , you will leatn that january is not about january  but december 2020 as well and february has january transactions, march has february transactions etc. 1099k is an important document that you can present to banks, insurance companies etc and it needs to reflect accurate data. Ebay employees pretend they don’t know what 1099k is so they play games.

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

you can review all your gross transaction here except that months are mixed up.BBB84E1A-C66D-4750-955F-3CFF9FAF8FD4.jpeg

Message 15 of 42
latest reply