cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Invoice Skyrocketed

Has anyone experienced this before. Managed payments has had some annoyances, but overall its going much better than expected. Since starting managed payments my monthly invoice to Ebay has been considerably smaller. Prior to managed payments I was paying Ebay about $900-1,000 a month. With Managed payments in place I have been paying them less than $200 a month (since most of the fees are already being taken out of the money I receive I only have to pay the flat fee for each item and my store costs).

So I glance at my invoice total about once a day. By the middle of the month it had creeped up to a whopping $18. However, I checked yesterday and the invoice had gone up to $220. I can see no specific reason why it climbed so high so quickly. I checked all transactions in the last 72 hours and nothing adds up to that amount. No pending returns or massive purchases. My store fee is considerably less than $200 so that can't be it.

I attempted to contact ebay about this, but I requested a call back (the wait time was 5 minutes). Never got one, but now whenever I go back to request another one Ebay says that I am already in queue to receive a call back (its been 24 hours).

I know the details about this are vague, but has anyone else had this oddity happen to them?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay Invoice Skyrocketed

Does that $220 include your shipping labels?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ebay Invoice Skyrocketed

I'm not sure if this will help you, but you can try looking here.

Expenses

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/fees 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ebay Invoice Skyrocketed

Promoted Listings ad fees, Listing Insertion fees, and Optional Listing Upgrade fees would all still be included in the monthly invoice as well.

Check to see if you had listings that renewed that would put you over your free allotment or any listings with upgrades that would have additional costs.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ebay Invoice Skyrocketed

Go to your My eBay go down towards the bottom of the page and click on the blue arrow after account summery, on that page that comes up click on account summery to see what you are being charged for.

Now  since this method will not be working much longer, you will then have to go hunt the fees for the invoiced charges under expenses in the payment tab.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Ebay Invoice Skyrocketed

I have been wondering about this, as well.  It seems the FV fees are taken out at the time payment is received but are charged back again on my invoice.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ebay Invoice Skyrocketed

Do you ship Fedex? You can click on your 'account' and see the 'fees' by scrolling down- each individual fee before the month is up

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ebay Invoice Skyrocketed

Thank you sir that answered it. Sad story, but can't blaim ebay for this one, its on me. Went to Fed Ex with three labels and the person behind the counter said, we'll help you pack and ship it. We found a box that fit, packed the items in and off they went. The items were longer than they were tall but the person behind the counter said they had no boxes like that and suggested I use a square one with padding. Oh how I wish I had not made agreed to that. Never realized until now that the fee for fedex labels was an estimate and not actual shipping costs. The boxes that I picked turned the transaction from a $25 and $30 transaction, to a $128 and $68 transaction, on $90 and $70 auctions. I'm still waiting on the third amount to be charged to me. The only silver lining is that I accidently purchased Fedex Home on that one instead of Fedex two day delivery (which is what i had done with the other two). If I had done that I would be waiting on a potential $400 charge and not another $60 one. 

Well, an expensive lesson for me, but a lesson none the less. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply