cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity on MP and GSP

dr.kenzo.tenma
Thrill-Seeker

I have asked several times with no clarity. Now that some people are officially on MP and changes have been implemented, I want to know:

Are fees on GSP MP transactions assessed on the customs and international shipping fees paid by GSP customers?

Are GSP MP transactions assessed the foreign currency transaction fee in addition to the international surcharge?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Clarity on MP and GSP

Like PayPal I have read from other sellers on the forum there is a higher fee for processing the order on MP. For the exact fee you would need to talk to eBay or have a sale to see what you are charged, I tried looking at the MP fee's but did not see this listed.

For the GSP program the buyer pays the international shipping. You will only get the fund for a domestic shipping label to the GSP location. At the GSP location they use the rest of the funds for the international label.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Clarity on MP and GSP

dr.kenzo.tenma
Thrill-Seeker

No offense, but that is not helpful. I need firsthand information on this. I am registered for MP but not transitioned over. I can't access the dedicated message boards and eBay refuses to publish accurate, straightforward information on how MP works for everyone to see. I have no clarity on this issue and am beyond frustrated at not being able to get an answer.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Clarity on MP and GSP

Have the sales dept call and go over your concerns.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Clarity on MP and GSP

The MP fee page mentions such a fee for the converting the currency but does not state what the fee is. Also just a heads up the final value fee's for most categories go up at least 2 percent. PayPal charges 3 percent and .30 cents per domestic transaction. Most of these fee's get rolled into the final value fee's. The .30 FVF is for the processing the payment. They used to list out the FVF's for all or most of the categories but now the fee page for PayPal and MP sellers just list a few categories. Over al for now the fee for processing the sale will be just a little less than PayPal. Essentially they  just moved it from PayPal to their pockets however this will probably go up each year as most of their fee's do and in time with no PayPal it will be hard to tell what the current rate is as it was rolled into the FVF and is not a separate fee.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Clarity on MP and GSP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @3eyedfishcatcher,

Thanks for your question. Below are the fee breakdowns:

Non-GSP sellers: FVF plus International fee is charged on anything the buyer purchases, ie item, shipping/handling, any taxes, recycling (if applicable)

GSP sellers: FVF plus international fee is charged on the item, shipping/handling (lowest stated domestic shipping cost), taxes, recycling (if applicable)

With GSP,  the FVF is not charged on GSP shipping charges,  GSP international leg cost,  GSP insurance

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Clarity on MP and GSP

what is recycling (reference in your fee calculation). just not sure what you mean there.

what does FVF plus international fee mean.  what are the exact percentages of plus international fee mean.

thanks

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Clarity on MP and GSP

recycling: some states have fees on tires, paint, tv's (electronics i.e. E-waste) 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Clarity on MP and GSP

@kidzthree wrote:

what is recycling (reference in your fee calculation). just not sure what you mean there.

what does FVF plus international fee mean.  what are the exact percentages of plus international fee mean.

thanks

Recycling fee: buyers in California are charged an e-waste recycling fee for some electronic items . And, several states charge a mattress recycling fee for buyers in those states. These are explained here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/paying-tax-ebay-purchases?id=4771#section3

For the "FVF plus international" fee, it means that the FVF (final value fee) is charged, which varies depending on the item category, if the seller has a store, and what store level. Typically, these are the FVF's for a non-store seller, or the Starter store (the lowest level of store):

• 12.35% on total amount of the sale up to $7,500
  • + 2.35% on the portion of the sale over $7,500
  • + $0.30 per order

And in addition to that, the International fee is charged (1.65%)

For more details, see here:

Store owners in Managed Payments: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-fees/store-fees?id=4809#section3

For non store owners, the fees page is blocked except for sellers who are already enrolled in Managed Payments. This is what it looked like on August 26, before it was blocked:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200826213440/https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/s...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply