cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to the eBay invoicing process

eBay continues to enhance the selling experience. We have important updates for business sellers in the United States who still receive an invoice for some fees, and have their payments managed by eBay.

Beginning in late March, all of your eBay selling fees and expenses, including those that may be invoiced, will be collected from your earnings.  If your earnings are not sufficient to cover these amounts, we will charge your payment method on file (debit or credit card, and/or linked bank account). 

• Examples of eBay selling fees include but are not limited to: insertion fees, Promoted Listings, listing upgrades, and Store subscription fees.  
  • You may find information on fees and expenses via the reports functionality in the Reports section in Seller Hub. 
  • Eventually, you will no longer receive a monthly billing invoice, but depending on your monthly invoice date, you may continue to receive invoices for both March and April. You must still pay any outstanding amounts that are reflected on billing invoices that you receive during this time. Charges will not be duplicated.

For more information on finding your businesses fee details, check out our video and also see the Payments section in My eBay, or in All transactions, Expenses, Tax invoice, or Financial statement areas of Seller Hub.

Below are answers to a couple of relevant questions.

Will the “one time payment” feature still be available for sellers who prefer to pay via credit card?

Beginning in late March, all of your eBay selling fees and expenses, including those that may be invoiced, will be netted from your earnings before they are paid out.  However, if we are not able to deduct these amounts or if your available funds are not sufficient to cover an outstanding amount owed to eBay (e.g. as a result of fees, refunds, or chargebacks, or other expenses), you may make a one-time partial or full payment through My eBay using a payment method on file (debit or credit card, and or linked bank account).

How will store subscription fees be handled? In the past they were billed monthly. 

Beginning in late March, Store subscription fees will be netted from funds available for payout either at the start or middle of each month, depending on your current billing cycle. If your available funds are not sufficient to cover your Store subscription fees, we will charge your payment method on file (debit or credit card, and/or linked bank account). Learn more about how eBay recoups outstanding amounts owed.

Do I have to change my APIs?

If you are already directly integrated with the eBay Finances API, you will be able to continue using your existing API contract. No immediate updates will be required in how you pay your eBay selling costs. For more information on the Finances API and other APIs supporting managed payments on eBay, check out eBay’s Developer Program

Do I need to make any changes to my eBay partner integrations?

If you use third-party tools that integrate with eBay APIs to manage your listing, inventory, and order management activities, to reconcile finances, or issuing refunds, there should be no change in how you use those tools when eBay manages your payments. Please contact your individual third-party provider regarding questions specific to their service offerings.

What is changing in my reports, how do I read them?

When you switch to the new fee payment model, your fees will be netted from your available funds  before they are paid out. The fees will appear in your transaction report, financial statement, and tax invoices in Seller Hub. If you use My eBay, you will have access to financial statements and a tax invoice.

Eventually, you will no longer receive a monthly billing invoice, but depending on your monthly invoice date, you may continue to receive invoices for the two months your account is activated. You must still pay any outstanding amounts that are reflected on billing invoices that you receive during this time.  Charges will not be duplicated.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

For account specific Payments support please request contact from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0