cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change shipping payment method from Paypal to eBay Managed payments not working

Before switching to ebay managed payments, shipping charges came from my PayPal account where my sales proceeds "sat" until I decided to pay myself.  Now, I know I'm supposed to be able to switch the payment method when I print a label.  I did this twice.  I clicked on the option to pay from my ebay pending balance (payments not yet cleared).  BOTH times, the fee still came from my PayPal balance.  Yes, I have lots of funds (both cleared and pending) in my ebay payments account.  I really hate this.  I have to transfer money to PayPal many days in advance (due to processing times) to make sure I have adequate funds in my PayPal account to cover shipping costs in order to avoid hundreds of tiny transactions showing up in my bank account or credit card - too hard to track. HOW do I get my shipping fees to pay out of my ebay balance??  I have spent hours trying to figure this out and it should not be this hard.  I mean really, come on ebay!  This is **bleep**. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

One work around I can suggest is to add your MP bank account to your PayPal account and set it up as your PayPal shipping default. Not the best solution but it may help in the short term. You 'll have to find your the default shipping method in PayPal, and it's hidden pretty good. You have to click on the Tools icon next to Logout, then Seller Tools>Automatic Payments>"My preapproved payments" link and then Show More and find eBay Inc. Shipping. Then click on Balance and change to the new bank account, or a debit/debit or credit card for that matter.

Like I said, not the best solution.

When you print labels, look down at the bottom of the page. You can switch to using your MP balance for labels. eBay says it should stay that way once you set it, but I would check it a couple of times to make sure the toggle stays the way you want it.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It does not remain with eBay-managed payments. I have to switch back about once a month.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I would try again.  It should be working.  I've used it since I've been in MP and never had an issue.  That doesn't mean there might not be some glitch running around out there, but you should really be sure before reporting it.  We so often are at fault for Pilot error.

Once you change the default it will stay that choice until such time as you change it again.

MP Funding a Label with desc.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@2ndlifedesignstudio wrote:

Before switching to ebay managed payments, shipping charges came from my PayPal account where my sales proceeds "sat" until I decided to pay myself.  Now, I know I'm supposed to be able to switch the payment method when I print a label.  I did this twice.  I clicked on the option to pay from my ebay pending balance (payments not yet cleared).  BOTH times, the fee still came from my PayPal balance.  Yes, I have lots of funds (both cleared and pending) in my ebay payments account.  I really hate this.  I have to transfer money to PayPal many days in advance (due to processing times) to make sure I have adequate funds in my PayPal account to cover shipping costs in order to avoid hundreds of tiny transactions showing up in my bank account or credit card - too hard to track. HOW do I get my shipping fees to pay out of my ebay balance??  I have spent hours trying to figure this out and it should not be this hard.  I mean really, come on ebay!  This is **bleep**. 

Every morning i have to change from paypal to pending pay outs for shipping .it stays like that or the rest of the day then the next morning it is back to paypal

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@yingas wrote:

@2ndlifedesignstudio wrote:

Every morning i have to change from paypal to pending pay outs for shipping .it stays like that or the rest of the day then the next morning it is back to paypal

@yingas 

You need to contact Ebay and report this as it is not normal.  It should not be changing back and forth on its own.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply