cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping bigger items

HI  I am in Reno.... The hub of sophistication and appreciation of all things vintage and valuable...LOL. 

I am just trying to liquidate a lot of my stuff to save my rear end (like many I know) after a year of chemo for breast cancer.  I have a lot of mid century furniture that is too big to ship via regular USPS/Fed Ex.  I was wondering if anyone could explain how I list it here?  Of if I even can?  You can't sell nice things here in Reno (no cow poop on it -- no market here).  The bay area of course loves Mid Century but most won't travel to get it.  I tried to get help from the philipines but I can't get them to undersand what I am asking and the frustration level of trying to get them to understand about gives me cancer again.  I want to put in the shipping area that I will meet the shipper or get the item to the shipper but I can't make a custom crait or even weigh a hair pin 50's day bed.  Do you think I can sell that stuff here or just give up and send to a auction?  thank you

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

shipping bigger items

You could try listing in on eBay with the For Pick Up Only option, instead of trying to ship the items.  There's also Craigslist - post it on the Bay Area Craigslist with Pick Up Only, or 'buyer must make shipping arrangements'.

This board is not very active, so it would probably help to post your question on the Shipping discussion board on eBay... Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

shipping bigger items

Hi there.  Have you tried posting the same question to eBay help?  There may be some answers there.  You may also want to check out listings from other people who are selling furniture on eBay and ask them how they ship it.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply