cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to find exact costs for items sold

Hi,

Have sold a few things but am having a problem finding out exactly what my costs are for each item I've sold.  Based on what I've read in the past I assume 15% on top of my costs, i.e., cost of item, shipping,(which I offer for free) and shipping supplies, but would really like to know exactly what the fees are costing me for both Ebay and Paypal per item.  Is it out there and I just can't find it?  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Start a spreadsheet.

When you buy something put the cost including taxes on the sheet.

When you list it, the eBay fees are given right before you hit List This Item on page two of the Sell Your Item form.

When you sell the item, Paypal tells you their fees for accepting payment.

When you make a Paypal label, you also get the full cost including fees.

Don't forget taxes and fuel fees on postage (important in Canada, maybe not necessary in the States where you have very low taxes.)

And don't worry if you lose a few pennies on some items. Do your accounts at the end of the month. It will probably even out.

You can also compare your spreadsheet to the invoice you get from eBay each month.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the advice.  I do have a spreadsheet where I track purchase price, shipping costs, etc. and I calculate what my Ebay & Paypal fees will be(I assume 15% from what I think Ebay says).  Since I've only sold collectibles and list less then 50 a month there are no listing fees that I'm aware of.  I'm looking for some type of report that shows something like the following:

item                                    sale price                      listing fee       final value fee                Paypal fee

2790087351                        10.00                                0.00                    1.00                            .50

Do they have anything like that?

Again, I appreciate your response.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply