cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I buy in wholesale/bulk

I am looking into buying some wholesale/bulk items such as workout programs like p90x or tapout.  Or small electronics or phones.  I'm coming up with a madhouse of sellers with bad reviews and I need some legit places to buy.  If anyone can help that would be great.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First off: SELL WHAT YOU KNOW; KNOW WHAT YOU SELL

Now get off the computer and look in your local Yellow Pages. These local businesses (you may have to go to the nearest big city directory, check the Public Library) will have been in business for more than six months since that is the lead time for publishing the paper YP.

A website may have gone up twenty minutes ago and may not even be in the same country.

You are looking for manufactuers, jobbers, liquidators, wholesalers, and importers under the general heading of Videos and of Electronics. These may have other names.

You will be required to pay up front for product at first. Later you may be given 30, 60 even 90 days to pay.

You will probably be required to prove you are a reseller. Here in Ontario Canada that means providing the wholesaler with your GST/PST (sales tax) numbers. The wholesaler gets a tax rebate for selling to you for resale.

If you are not asked for a sales tax number, you are paying full retail.

And don't fall for dropshipping schemes. The quality is low (often counterfeits) and you will take the blame for any messups by the dropshipper, like incorrect shipments or no shipment at all.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I would advise against liquidation.com. Very bad experiences with them. Was ripped off by a seller and they did nothing to help me get my money back. Most items on there are sold as shelf pulls or store returns which means most of it will be damaged in some way. There is a reason the original customer returned it in the first place. Other items are sold as "salvage" and they are guaranteed to be 90% junk.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply