cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sellers seeking help long time ebayers

mrscdespres
Enthusiast
This group is for new sellers to ask question and discuss ebay policies and practices, listing, pricing, shipping, items. A place for those of us trying to get our foot in the door, to learn the tools of the trade from those who have been successful.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I am BobbiSue 2013,  I am thinking about starting an ebay store on here.    What do I need to know about what goes on behind the scenes?   Any info greatly appreciated...... Thanks

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Selling on eBay does not require a Store, and if you have fewer than 50 unique items to offer, it is not economical.

Start with the Sell Your Item form.

Buy a tape measure and a postal scale. On eBay-- just to build your feedback, which is a measure of trustworthiness.

Also buy packaging materials here.

You have 80 keystrokes in your title, free. This is your best advertising.

Take clear photos or use a scanner for flat things like books or CDs.

Don't open your listings at 99 cents. EBay tells you this is a good idea. They are wrong.

Use Free Shipping domestically, Include the cost of shipping domestically in your asking price. Buyers love this and you don't have to pay Final Value Fees on ANY shipping if you offer Free Domestic Shipping.

Stay out of International selling until you have 40 ro 50 sales under your belt. When you do start selling internationally, go with Canada first.  And don't use the Global Shipping Program on items valued under $50.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply