cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a personal professional/master ebay selling mentor

I need someone to mentor me in the business route of being an ebay seller. You must know I am treating my sellers account as a small business or ebay store, this way I will be able to know if I have what it takes to succeed in the online business world.

I just started my online business journey on May 4, 2015. I don't think I am doing that bad, but I know I can be doing better. I adverstise all my listings multiple times throughout the day. I use all of the social media apps, ebay allows me to use and that are free, this way my overhead does not crush me, with all those ebay and PayPal fees. I am getting better in my listing descriptions, details and specifics. I'm still working on taking good pictures, but I always figure it out, use a stock photo, download from the web, have someone else take the pictures. I make sure my content is really good or better before I submit anything, because content is the most important. I give positive feedback to my buyers after they've purchased and paid. I also stay in contact with them throughout the processing until the item is shipped. I provide FREE SHIPPING for all my items. I do obey ebay's return policy. All my products are in good condition or better, with the exception of 1/2 that might be acceptable. Pricing format I use is usally auction unless I know the exact value of the merchandise. I feel I can be doing more to attract more buyers to my listings or homepage. Are there more markets I can advertise my items that are cost effective? And even though I only have a sellers account, can I create google ads using adsense/adwords and displaying my ebay url address, which directs everybody to my ebay homepage and listing page?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I just started my online business journey on May 4, 2015.

Do you know that your customers' payments will be Held against your good performance for up to 21 days?

You still have to ship within 7 days of cleared payment to keep your Seller Protection.

. I adverstise all my listings multiple times throughout the day.

Don't bother,especially if you have to pay for this.

And TIME IS MONEY. The minimum wage here is 18 cents a minute. If your time does not increase the value of the item by 18 cents every minute you spend, don't waste time.

I use all of the social media apps, ebay allows me to use and that are free,

Unless you already have thousands of followers nobody will be finding you. And the thing about SOCIAL media is that people use it to chat with their friends, Most people are really really annoyed when their friends push products at them.

this way my overhead does not crush me, with all those ebay and PayPal fees.

Your most effective advertising is your title. There are 80 FREE keystrokes in your title. Are you using them effectively?

The second most effective advertising is your pictures. How clear are they and do they show what you are selling and not what you are not.

And look carefully at your shipping. This is the hardest part of selling online, not just on eBay. One of the few useful tips from eBay is to use 'Free Shipping' where possible. And just to be clear,  Free Shipping means that the cost of shipping in included in the asking price of the item.

If your item sells for $1.00 and many of them will, since used DVDs are a glut on the market, how much will it cost you to ship? How much will the fees be? Remember that PP has a minimum fee of 30 cents per transaction?

Are you aware of PP's micropayments program?

Some other points:

A lot of people shop at work. When they should be ,like, working. Videos and any sound are not appreciated by these potential customers.

Have you looked at your listings on a mobile device? Many of your items would in my opinion appeal to younger, less affluent customers many pf whom will only have a phone. What do they see when they look at your listings.

You do not accept returns. But eBay will cover unhappy buyers who want a refund and the refund will come from you not eBay. So you can be out item, postage and fees. Think this over.

Finally.

Do some buying to build your feedback. Feedback is a measure of trustworthiness.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I want help more than anything besides to win millions on lottery. If you want percentage of profit?....GOOD. Means your serious and know what your doing. Now tell me what percentage and we will talk Turkey!!! And pack your bags your comin home with me!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hurry does anyone want to be my uh...broker kinda sorta...fancy way to say..
Life coach? ... .. No!...EBAY SELLING EXPERT
I HAVE ALOT OF BIG BIG LIKE A LOWERY ROYALE ORGAN TO ANTIQUES TO GOLD SILVER DIAMONS SAFIRES TURQUOISE ONIX SWARSVEY CHYSTAL BEADS TO DESIGHNET SHOES NEVER WORN TO ANTIWUE TOOLS TO SNAP LOCK PLASTIC INDUSTIAL BARRALS TO VLASS IDIND DOOS TO BASEBALL CARDS AND MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE! DO I HAVE A TAKER? WILL SOMEONR COME BE THE OFFICE MANAGER AND HEAD OF SALES DEPT. FOR ME AND HELP THIS WOMAN OUT.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

A good sales manager should earn around $40,000 a year basic salary. Most businesses will include benefits like a pension plan and health /dental coverage to that.

Plus a commission above a certain dollar value in sales.

If the person has to move for the job, those costs, including housing until permanent housing is found.

Established eBay Trading Assistants, when that was a Thing, took about 40% of payments as commisssion, and the seller paid all fees.

If you can't afford that, you'll just have to learn how to spell and to use majescule and miniscule characters and do it yourself.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply