cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new to eBay and I'm having problems with freight shipping...

Hello my name's Scott and I recently started selling products for a HVAC company that I work for. The biggest problem that I am having trouble with is feight shipping. Every company that I have looked into has a very large cost when it comes to shipping freight around the US. Could someone help me find a more efficient way to ship freight around the country?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Bulky and heavy items are not well suited to mail order. But all your competitors are in the same boat.

Who do you think will be buying from you online? That may give you some clues about what the market can bear.

Also phone some of those freight companies and have a discussion of your needs and expectations. You are fortunate since you are working for an established business and won't have to prove your bona fides.

One off shipping is usually more expensive than annual contracts, btw.

At one time I was selling cast iron wood stoves and sheet metal wood burning furnaces and shipping across Canada. The cost of shipping is part of the cost. It is what it is and your customers, particularly those in rural and remote communities are already aware of that.

You should also experiment with Calculated Shipping on the Sell Your Item form. I believe US sellers have a couple of companies that can be chosen from there. Fool around with it. See what it looks like to ship a heat exchanger or solar panel to Alaska or Maine or Guam. Think about the product line you will be listing here.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I took a look at your product line and I would advise you to use catalogue pictures as much as possible.

This one 24" Petterson Real Fyre Burner with Black Glass G46-24-01
is particularly bad.

You might also want to abandon this poisoned account, which already has one negative FB out of only two sales. That is not going to be recoverable.

Do some buying to build FB before you continue selling.  Office supplies are a pretty good bet. This will also give you an overview of the Buyer Experience.

Save

Save

Save

Message 3 of 3
latest reply