cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Ebay Spoof or Phishing attempt warning to sellers and all.

Hi! I have not posted here for a while, but I lurk... Smiley Happy

I recently had a phishing attempt and Meow Meow suggested I share it here to warn other sellers.

Got a message through ebay (not attached to an item) from a legit ebay member saying she had purchased from me recently- it showed in her paypal account but not in ebay, she said.

She claimed ebay customer support told her to send me a screenshot of her ebay and PP accounts... Hmmm...

There was a link to a screenshot but I did not open it. I sent her a message to let me know the item # (I had no business with her).

Then a few hours later I called ebay. Turns out her account WAS hijacked and that link would have hijacked me too.

This is just a warning- do not click a link, even if it comes through the ebay system!

Been a while since I heard about ebay account hijackings (it happened to me about 10 yrs ago), so I was surprised.

Take care, and be careful. heart

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That sounds pretty scary, Ilkachase! Thanks so much for sharing. I am glad ebay responded and in the end you did not give out any info!

meowmeow

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

THANK YOU!  I have not been to the Board for months, due to all the 'improvements', & would not have seen your timely warning had I not popped in.  Glad it didn't catch you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply