cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Quilt

Hello, I know very little in this area ,please help is it Handmade,Age,possible pattern? Thank You.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Help with Quilt

@potterypeddling This is definitely hand made. I would not say it's mass produced (maybe the general style has been, but this specific quilt hasn't been). If you look at the quilting stitches you can see that it was done by hand. Look at how stitch lengths are not all matching and some stitching is crooked - these are indicators it was done by hand, not machine. You can also look at the stitching on all of the appliques and see that was done by hand, as well.

The pattern is similar to a double wedding ring, but it's not the same. It's like pieces of the double wedding ring, but you don't get the full interlocking circles because the floral appliques were integrated. The style is definitely traditional. Fabrics look to be 80s/90s maybe?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Help with Quilt

I am no expert but am pretty sure this is a hand made but mass produced quilt, relatively recent. Could be from the last 10-15 years or so. Hopefully someone else will come along who knows more but it can be pretty slow around here.

meowmeow

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Help with Quilt

Thanks. "hand made but mass produced"? 

Do you think it has a name to pattern? 

thanks. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Help with Quilt

They sell things like this at Bed Bath and Beyond....made in Asia, most likely. Probably no pattern name. Again, I am hoping someone else will have more info but likely not.

meowmeow

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Help with Quilt

Meowmeow, Thanks ,so much for help. 🙂 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Help with Quilt

@potterypeddling This is definitely hand made. I would not say it's mass produced (maybe the general style has been, but this specific quilt hasn't been). If you look at the quilting stitches you can see that it was done by hand. Look at how stitch lengths are not all matching and some stitching is crooked - these are indicators it was done by hand, not machine. You can also look at the stitching on all of the appliques and see that was done by hand, as well.

The pattern is similar to a double wedding ring, but it's not the same. It's like pieces of the double wedding ring, but you don't get the full interlocking circles because the floral appliques were integrated. The style is definitely traditional. Fabrics look to be 80s/90s maybe?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Help with Quilt

I Thank you and you most been right it sold right away. I thank you again.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Help with Quilt

I do not think this is an Asian quilt. There are too many rows of cross hatching. In my experience, they have lovely color combinations, but most hand quilting stitches are not even nor small. One think I have noticed on Asian quilts is that theydo have not binding. They have been sewn together like a pillowcase and then turned right side out. I would say
Message 8 of 8
latest reply