cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Seller left negative comment in feedback

baerentp
Adventurer

Can anybody explain the process of getting a sellers negative feedback comment removed? Well, I'm looking for information about the process AFTER you hit the button "Remove Feedback comment"

The reason for asking is that nothing happens even after the 24 hours stated.

The comment seller left is: "Seller 12 years I must be lucky FIRST BAD CUSTOMER THIS IS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK"

Btw, is it "best practice" to write to seller asking him to do something about the feedback he left BEFORE contating eBay?

The situation is:

1. Item description missing information about item being vandalised (not normal use)

2. Wrote to seller asking him for a solution - he referred to his "no returns" policy

3. Filed a case with eBay - ruled in my favor (and very fast)

4. Left negative feedback for seller (my first ever): "Description did not include information about item had been vandalised"

5. Seller left his negative comment as positive feedback

6. Asked eBay to remove comment ... nothing happened yet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zylor4200
Rockstar
Last Edited 04:29:40 AM

YES, that clueless seller violated ebay policy by leaving a positive feedback with a negative comment. YES, you need to get the (clueless?) Denmark ebay customer service to remove that! Contact them again!

baerentp
Adventurer

Re: Seller left negative comment in feedback

in reply to Nov 9, 2017 5:31:21 AM
Last Edited 05:32:04 AM

Thanks for your reply! Ok - will file the request again. It would have been nice to have a status page for these requests... I mean, you have no knowledge about your reuqest once the "Remove Feedback comment"

0 Helpful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jbbowers12012
Trailblazer

hi,  a clear violation. do what you have to do to get some satisfaction!!!!!! BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

gosimus
Rockstar
Last Edited 07:46:16 AM

@baerentp

You left the seller negative feedback.  That doesn't justify his violation of policy, but that's probably why he did it.  Did you open a return of the item for being in a Not As Described condition?

baerentp
Adventurer

in reply to Nov 9, 2017 8:26:41 AM
Yes i did - that is my action in #3
gosimus
Rockstar

in reply to Nov 9, 2017 10:22:47 AM
Sheesh, I completely overlooked that. Okay, that's what I was going to suggest but you've already done it.
baerentp
Adventurer
Last Edited 11:52:11 AM

Feedback has been removed! So a happy camper again!

Thanks for all the input I got :-)

I dont know if my first request got lost somewhere in space or I made a mistake - its gone and thats what counts!

It was my first negative feedback for a seller and before it was left for the seller I actually thought about what was the trigger for a good or bad experience. I also read a lot of comments about the subject from both sellers and buyers. Not a lot these two groups agree on :-)

I think it would be of value to both buyers and sellers if eBay had a clear formula to be used for "calculating" feedback... so a seller can make the same "calculation" based on his actions... just my 5 cents.