cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller who refuses to comunicate

I saw alloy wheels that I was looking for.

The seller was 300+ miles away and was offering them for collection only.

I offered to pay the carriage and an amount was agreed, though he wanted paid by bacs.

We were in contact via ebay and then contact stopped without any delivery.

I realise that paying by bacs has left me out of pocket but is there any way to censure the seller. 

I have an email trail & the item number

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

WHAT TE HECK IS BACS????

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I have no idea what bacs is and could you provide the item number?

What does the seller's feedback look like? Hopefully you haven't been scammed out of your money.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

It must be a British term since he is from the UK.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@corndog2 wrote:

It must be a British term since he is from the UK.

Maybe he wants the wheels for his "lorry" 😉 He and Elmwinkle oughta get together- they could discuss "tyres" and "colours".....

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Yeah, they could speak a whole different lingo! grin

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Ugh! It sounds like it is a bank wire transfer method.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I looked it up. BACS is a bank to bank wire transfer service.

So now the seller has both  wheels and money. Hopefully the buyer will get the wheels or BACS has some way of making the seller perform. Or not...

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I doubt it, Rip. Bank wire transfers are final- no ifs, ands or buts.  OP did the deal "outside of Ebay", so there's nothing to protect him. Seller sounds like he knows it, and he's a crook. Even here in the states, and even if ya pay via PayEnemy, if it's local pick-up, there's no buyer protection- so ya gots to pay cash on the spot for local pick-up items.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@ripsmc wrote:

I looked it up. BACS is a bank to bank wire transfer service.

So now the seller has both  wheels and money. Hopefully the buyer will get the wheels or BACS has some way of making the seller perform. Or not...

It always amazes me that there are people who are using web forums but don't have access to google.

But yeah, wire transfers guarantee only that they will take the money from you and hand it to someone else. They typially offer no recourse if that money is payment for something you never got.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Did you purchase the item via ebay and them pay him via BACS?  or did you take the whole transaction off Ebay?

The reason I ask is because you do have some recourse if you at least purchased the item from EBay.

If not, I would not report it to Ebay.  They act strongly when it comes to off Ebay purchases.  If you report it, they will restrict his account however, they consider the buyer just as guilty and will also restrict your buying privledges.

Personally, I never do a sale off ebay.  Even though the buyer has more rights here than the seller, It still has a level of security for the seller and proof of transaction.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@autopartspuller  I don't think Ebay offers any protection for local pick up items, since there is no way for the seller to prove delivery- i.e. no tracking number, since the item is for pick-up only; plus in this case, since it was not paid via PayPal, there is no online way for the buyer to prove that he paid- so he's scrooged on both accounts....and apparently the seller knows it, so is stealing the guy's money.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I was reading a post the other day where trinton@ebay said that they would absolutely back a buyer with a pick up only situation.  He said they would need proof through email that the transaction was suppose to happen and would need ot weigh all the facts.  If it were a random CS person, I would take that with a grain of salt.  But, The Ebay staff that manages these forums seem to be on top of stuff.  I had one follow up and help me with a situation that CS was absolutely usless for.

In this case, I dont think money would be returned but, action could be taken against the seller.  Also, I am not sure of the Laws in the UK.  But that is theft with evidence of where the person lives.  I would personally file a police report.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

AHahaha! I've learned that anything an Ebay CS rep says is purely hypothetical, and akin to a used car salesman saying :Don't worry; anything ever goex wrong, just give me a call" [and he'll tell you that you need a mechanic, and to remember that your "as is" car had no warranty!] 😄

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

It is you Yanks that have spelling and terminology all messed up. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply