cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New" Tire shipping thread... Big sellers must get huge discounts!

The old tire shipping thread think...

I just ordered a set of wheels and tires for my 72 Mustang. (They have a deal if you buy wheels and tires, they will mount and balance them for free)

And since the order was over $99 (Obviously!), shipping is free. I looked up the tires and wheels I am gettting at other retailers to check prices, and these were as cheap or cheaper than everywhere else.  

For them to mount and balance, I see that is only a little labor on their part, even though it saves ME a bit compared to having to pay elsewhere.

Shipping on the otherhand, they must get a HUGE discount! I look at my cost to mail something light but bulky, it is outragous anymore. I can't imagine what it would cost me to ship a mounted wheel and tire, much less 4 of them.  And like I said, their prices aren't inflated to make up for it.  Would be interesting to see what they are actually paying compared to a small seller! (And yes, I do understand they are shipping thousands of packages a day slight smile )

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I know a guy that does kitchens.  He can supply and install, plus the counter top, for cheaper than I can buy just the cabinets for. He will buy a load for pennies on the dollar. He has cost efficiencies every step of the way. Tire sellers would be the same.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Elmwood, you jumping in on a tire thread after your last tyre foray.
this is like a gift.

But in the because of the holidays and all , I am going to just bypass this one and wish you a merry merry old buddy.
How can I miss you if you wont go away ?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Them tyres are the last "free" favour I am doing anyone. I got another, former, freeloader, who wants me to move a freezer. Nope. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hey Mr. E, here's my tire story from today. Got a set of LT235/85-17 I took off a Cheby 3500HD over 3 years ago and stored outside under the deck. Tread barely usable on the best one. Have them listed on Craigslist. Guy contacts me saying he needs them just for a few weeks until the new tires he bought are delivered and he can come over this afternoon. So I'm expecting him to come in a full size truck, Suburban, Silverado, Ram, F150, etc. He pulls up in a CRV. So I ask him if he has the wheels in the back? (I was going to mount them.) No he says, I'm putting them on the CRV. O-K I said and we got them swapped out. They fit but not much fender clearance. Must have gained 2 inches ground clearance.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I fight for a YEAR to sell good tres? You turn around and sell bald ones? For a CR-V? For a few weeks?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

But I have free mounting. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

What am I supposed to do with that remark? You mount bald ones?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

First off, do not put "free mounting" in a Craigslist ad. You will get dozens of weirdos replying with nothing to do with tires. Use "free mountin". 2nd, long as they hold air, they are doing their job, bald or hairy.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

My only question is, since ati offers free mounting is the jack still on the desk or ?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

This thread has a chance , just sayin.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The guy brought his own jack.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply