cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud/scam reported

Ok need to send some more information regarding the fraud/scam report I made regrading a car found on eBay motors a couple weeks ago. I have some of the emails from them and want to send to help get my money back.  My name is Beverly Charlton and the scam number is SR# 1-162774258926. All the links that have been sent to me is not working the only one ythat did work from the start I deleted so need something that will work my email is, berguittiacharlton@hotmail.com and new phone # is 704-210-8972. Thank You Beverly Charlton!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

fraud/scam reported

You found the listing on eBay? Or, you found it on some other site that sent you a fake eBay page?

Where did you find the original listing?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

ebay at ebaymotors.com here is a little of what was sent to me and I had to get ebay gift cards to pay for the car. Also I have some of the emails that was sent to me and I responded to all but they do not show my replies and I wanted to send them to you to see if these would help my husband also said he seen the car on craigs list but I found it at ebaymotors.com. But I need a link where I can send these emails. Thank you Beverl Charlton for getting back to me.

eBayeBay sent this message to Beverly Charlton.
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.    

Your eBay Money Back Guarantee Invoice #928545146152   
Dear Beverly Charlton,

You are receiving this e-mail because Teresa Jones has selected eBay Money Back Guarantee to handle a secure online transaction with you.
Item Title:                  2003 C
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

Paying with gift cards is a scam. There is no such thing as "eBay money back guarantee". Just to be clear, you were NOT directed from another site to eBay, correct?
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

You need to contact IC3 (federal online scam reporting service) since you have been scammed.   Ebay does not provide a money back guarantee for any item listed on the site and most particularly for cars.

You are advised everywhere on the site to only pay with approved and safe payment methods like Pay Pal.  Gift cards are NOT safe and not traceable.

I'm afraid that you fell for a scam, did not purchase a car from an eBay listing and will need to file with law enforcement.  The chances of your getting your money back are slim and none.  Perhaps you can file for the loss with your homeowners insurance.  I would give them a call next. 

Caped~
The information and writing contained in this post is the property of the named Ebay user who retains sole and exclusive rights without limitation which may not be granted to another without written permission.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

There is no Beverley. That is not an eBay phone number. That is not an eBay email address.

All eBay Motors phone numbers are in Utah or California, certainly not NC. All eBay email addresses are @ebay.com. Your money is not coming back.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

Well, eBay now calls buyer protection "Money Back Guarantee." But in this context, it is being used to suggest something other than what eBay's Money Back Guarantee actually is.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

Let me rephrase, all eBay phone bumbers are toll free 1-800, 1-866, what ever. Certainly not a 704 in NC.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

@bevchar-57 wrote:

ebay at ebaymotors.com here is a little of what was sent to me and I had to get ebay gift cards to pay for the car.

Sorry you were scammed and lost your money.

Ebay has nothing to do with vehicles found on CL.

Since it had nothing to do with Ebay, there's not much Ebay can do to help.

Best thing to do is file a police report.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

There is no Money back guarantee on vehicle purchases here on EBay motors. They have what's called VPP. Vehicle protection program that is totaly useless.

OP sorry this happened to you. This scam has been going on since I started selling here in 2005.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

no I was not directed from another site and I am beginning to think your company is a rip off also, people should be able to get there money back regardless.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

It is Beverly not Beverley, and the person who was selling the dam car was in Utah and she posted the automobile on different websites such as ebay and can be accessed from any state. if items cannot be paid with gift cards then why are they sold in stores.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

looks as if you people don't want to help first of all the car was listed at ebay motors, but it has been removed now not sure why also I do not have homeowners insuranc the the law tol me to contact your fraud/scam unit which I have done.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

fraud/scam reported

Was it actually in your EBay purchased items list at one time?

Message 15 of 22
latest reply