cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay/craigslist scam

re: post on craigslist for a Ford tractor/loader in Iowa - According to the eBay cust. service dept., the Invoice # and the phone#(888)583-3056 do not exist for eBay motors.  Also, the request for a wire transfer instead of a credit card or PayPal transaction is not the way eBay does business. Seller's name is Rebecca Jones - address is sent as 411 Queens Ct., Sioux City IA 51104. This is all the info I can pass on at this time.  If anything else shows up regarding this I will contact eBay again!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

eBay/craigslist scam

Why would you contact Ebay about it? Ebay has nothing to do with it. There are thousands of these scams every single day; people in foreign countries just using Ebay's name and grpahics to fool the gullible/greedy.

I see those ads on my local CL every day. Does any normal person really think that they are going to get a mint tractor with a loader for a tenth of it's true value?

One day there was a scam ad on my CL; a nice late model John Deere backhoe for $2800. Next to that ad, was a legit ad: A 45 year-old piece of junk gas tractor for $3500. Then, on the next line, there was an ad for a REAL John Deere backhoe, just like the one in the scam ad- it's price? $35,000.

Hmmmm....now which one of those ads was a scam???

So what do you think Ebay can do about some guy sitting in Nigeria, making up ads and posting them on CL? Ebay only has control over what goes on here, on Ebay, involving actual Ebay members.

Hey, I'm the deputy mayor of New York City. I will sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for $2K.

Now does NYC have anything to do with that?

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Legitimate bidder is correct.

If you wanted to spend enough time, you can probably find that same ad for Iowa plastered all over the country; from Florida to Alaska.

And somewhere some naive people have already send off payment for the (alleged) tractor you're looking at....

Last summer I was looking for a small truck and I swear half the ads were scams. There were several trucks listed here in Oklahoma with identical ads running in UT. AZ, TX, SC, and LA for the same vehicle.

It just flat doesn't exist except in pictures and the real owner's hands.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

"I will contact eBay again"!

About what? A phony ad somewhere else? Like the perps, I mean peeps above said, this has zero to do with eBay, and everything to do with people who believe it does.

Why would anyone waste their time on what is obviously a scam ad?

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

@mr.elmwoodHey! You should buy my bridge! It'd be a great place to set up a stand where you could sell your genuine Canookistanian snow and poutine!

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Withe right promos, I could sell yellow snow and pooptine.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Withe right promos, I could sell yellow snow and pooptine.

And even that would be better than most things in New York!

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

they are at it again!  may 4th 2018 Same address: 411 Queen's Ct Sioux City, IA Using the name Karen Garvey selling

2013 Caterpillar 299D 2 Speed Cab AC for $14,500  Wired money only. No actual listing on eBay.

Scam. Scam. SCAM...

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Zombie thread.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

There is also a listing for a 1975 Airstream Argosy under the name Karen Garvey at 411 Queens Ct. Sioux City, IA

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

She now has has a 2005 newmar Kountry star 3907 Motorhome on craigs list.  This woman is Trouble

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

I just gave her my name and phone # thats it. Then I figured to do some research on her and I found you. Thx

https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/grd/d/2013-john-deere-35d/6601354800.html

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Just today Ive been offered a 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport an unbelievable deal, for $2000 and includes shipping to my door. Attached to this offer is Amy Erlandson of 411 Queens Ct Sioux City Iowa. Beware !! They asked for E Bay gift cards to be used in payment, and gave an apparent legit. E Bay statement and guarantee.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Zombie thread.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Sadly this is my address. The scammers have been using my address for years. There was a time I was getting daily phone calls about these scams. A couple in Hawaii lost $ 17,000. Do your research before giving them money, not after. It had caused me a lot of stress, even had the police come to my door. Luckily they know its a scam but it was being investigated. Had multiple letters from district attorney's all over the states filing complaints against our address but different names.  Her story is usually my husband died and I'm moving to Iowa with my sister.  Please use common sense!!!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply