cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Motors Payment Invoice

i found a nice car on craiglist but i want to  find out its a scam or not.

the person said they wanted to do the transaction through ebay, and i was yea,so on the next day i got an email from eBay (ebay@vppescrow-vehicles.com).

can anyone help?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Scam! I hope you didn't send any money.  Fake email. Read  through some of the posts here and you will see that some one posts a similar scam here just about every day.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@filipo12pinto

You did not find a car.... you found a scam..... pay by I-tunes gift card.... right....

pay by any gift card... no....

There is no car... and if you ask to visit and check the car.... well...

You can't see the car... it is in the "ebay warehouse"   ebay is a want ad... they don't have anything but a web site.....

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

In the name of God, isn't there ever going to be a saturation point when everyone will realize these are all scams?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@ripsmc wrote:

In the name of God, isn't there ever going to be a saturation point when everyone will realize these are all scams?

To answer your question... Nope.

Like my dad used to say, "you can't cheat an honest man"...

as long as people are looking for the "steal of the century" these scams will prey on our natural greed.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I got the same thing today
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Great way to start off the new week, getting scammed. I just don't have any sympathy for those that fall for these scams when both eBay and Craigslist have warnings about scams on nearly every page.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

My grandson sent 2 $500.00 gift cards for a jeep advertised he said on ebay motors. I knew nothing about this until today. I am so mad. no record of any money being paid on the ebay summary of his account. he is only 19 and has never bought anything on ebay but a flute. So sad 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Zombie thread from two years ago.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It would beappreciated if someone could help us get his money back. -PawPaw

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply