cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

craigslist scam

I just had a person try to sell me a vehicle from Craigslist then pay through eBay. I want to thank all of you for bringing this scam to my attention. When I read through the comments, this scam was identical to one that I encountered.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

craigslist scam

This just happened to us today as well. in regards to a travel trailer. UGH.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

craigslist scam

The scammers are out in force this week! You rarely see these scam ads on my local CL, but this week, there are tons of 'em! Cars, trucks, tractors, everything.  Between them, and the usual over-priced legit ads by people who think that their old junk is gold, it's getting to the point where it's not even worth looking at CL anymore.

The scammers should check with each other and coordinate their efforts. Just on one page, there were 3 identical pictures of the same Jeep, for "$500". Funny too- it's February, and the pics on virtually all of these scam ads show trees in full bloom! Guess the scammers in Africa and Europe aren't familiar with our climate.  Doesn't seem to deter those who would fall for the scams though.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

craigslist scam

Same issue on Craigslist in Austin for a John Deere Tractor.... Don't fall for it! If you can't go see it and buy it in person don't buy it on Craigslist.....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

craigslist scam

The Craigslist scams have run amok here. I've been browsing for a small truck the number of scams is appallingly high.

There are pics of one truck for example that is listed at a ridiculously low price. The location shows that truck is in OK City, Tulsa, Afton OK,  Wichta KS,  Dallas TX, Lawton OK, Stillwater OK, and a dozen other locations.

My son asked me to come up and spend a week in Utah with them. So I browsed the CL ads in Logan, UT and there were even more scams than here in OK. I also noticed one of the scam trucks shown in OK is also listed and said to be in Logan. And in Salt Lake City. And in Phoenix. And in........

And as I type this someone somewhere is on their way to buy a pile of gift cards........

Message 5 of 5
latest reply