cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carburetor purchase

purchase of carburetor failed because when item reached global shipping it was deemed a restricted item and was not sent to australia. I was sent a refund by pay pal. the seller in the US does not know what has happened. I have checked the list of restricted or prohibited items and carburetors does not appear on the list. The carburetor did not cotain any fuel as it was a fully rebuilt item suitable for my 1941 packard car. Has anyone experienced a situation like this, any comments would be most helpful.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

carburetor purchase

Global Shipping has had many problems of late. Best to send it Priority Mail International.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

carburetor purchase

At least you got your money back. The items I sent Global disappeared never to be seen or heard of again. I learned years ago to stay away from Global.  You paid extra money to have Global confiscate your item!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

carburetor purchase

@frpac.au.isyxdhlthd

@frpac.au.isyxdhlthd wrote:

purchase of carburetor failed because when item reached global shipping it was deemed a restricted item and was not sent to australia. I was sent a refund by pay pal. the seller in the US does not know what has happened. I have checked the list of restricted or prohibited items and carburetors does not appear on the list. The carburetor did not cotain any fuel as it was a fully rebuilt item suitable for my 1941 packard car. Has anyone experienced a situation like this, any comments would be most helpful.

Chances are good that the worker at GSP saw a carb, and thought, carb = gas, gas can't ship.

Or if the guy who did the overhaul, put gas in to leak check... carb smells like gas.

no real way to know why it happened.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

carburetor purchase

I send everything as "used vehicle part" 8707.10 from Canuckistan.

I agree, it got stopped because of the description. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply