Motors
Check out our tips and strategies for buying and selling all things auto.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Automotive Blogs - A Great Place to be Entertained

To anyone who has had a long day, I recommend a glass of bourbon and Coke, while you read some of the automotive blogs where George, Barney and Elmer give their insights into engine performance. You'll laugh yourself silly reading all of the nonsense...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

The con continues

Found a 2017 Buick lasaber on Facebook marketplace. I knew it was too good to be true but asked about it anyway. Seller replied they were selling for their sister and to email her. Sent the email and received a response about going through a divorce ...

Vehicle scam

I found a 2005 Toyota Tacoma on Facebook marketplace for $1200... This is unreasonable price but I thought it might be worth a try. Red flags including vacation mode and email communication only but I sent the email. I got the identical response as s...

hola

hola, tengo un problema con un vendedor de ebay hice una compra el 4 de agosto y al ver que no me enviarban el articulo que habia comprado procedi a escibirle al vendedor el de 14 de agosto a ver que habia pasado con la orden pues el vender me respon...

Discovered I purchased a counterfeit auto part kit

Back in March of this year, I purchased a Honda timing belt kit that includes several parts. It was advertised as genuine, it came with all the OEM packaging, stickers/labels, made in Japan, etc... These parts are designed to last a solid 100K miles ...

eBay motors scam

There is a person posing as an eBay Motors representative for a car posted on craigslist, she is selling a Honda EXL 2013 with 73 K miles for $3199.... BEWARE. They use eBay motors to say pay deposit first before shipping it to your house for evaluat...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Engine Oil Change Procedure

For the average DIY, oil changes are easier with the engine cold. Since a lot of people advocate starting the engine and brining it to operating temperature before draining, I do not. Here's my procedure. With the engine cold, either raise the vehicl...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fraud on purchase of caravan

We have been scamed by professionals and I am being polite. Caravan in Alice Springs at her Mothers, will be brought over free of charge and returned free of charge if not suitable. No mobile number. Van from divorce proceeds and for my children. Bro...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! scuff trim

does any body know if 2002 Deville will interchange with 2002 Eldorado 

Buying a car through eBay motors

I found a car for sale on marketplace. Supposedly through eBay motors car is located in Florida. They want me to pay for the car with eBay cards. I don’t believe that this is real. Can somebody please tell me how I can verify

REPAIR A LARGE DAMAGED FIBERGLASS CESSNA MODEL AIRPLANE

I have a very large Cessna model given to me 30 years ago. It was hanging from my ceiling for 30 years by piano wire, until the wire snapped & the plane fell to the ground. I'm trying to find someone to help me repair this treasure. I live in Los Ang...

Part numbers for Acura wheels all over the place

Looking to buy a replacement wheel for my 2016 Acrua MDXWhen I do a search i find listings like thisWheel 18x8 Alloy 5 Spoke Fits 14-16 MDX 2908706Wheel 18x8 Alloy 5 Spoke Fits 14-16 MDX 3874132Wheel 18x8 Alloy 5 Spoke Fits 14-16 MDX 20685411 All the...

Marketing Nonsense in Aftermarket Products

Ever since I was an early teenager, I used to question some of the bold claims that manufacturers made when they tried to sell automotive parts. I guess that is why I have such distain today for "marketing" because I see most of it as TRUE LIES. STP ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors