Motors
Check out our tips and strategies for buying and selling all things auto.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Lexus SUV Facebook Scam

I saw an ad on Facebook of all places. The Lexus truck was $2000 (high mileage) but well below KBB value so I inquired. She (seller) responded that it's actually her cousin's car (red flag) and she would email me. She did promptly. She told me that s...

Ebays approach on curbstoners

What is Ebays official stand on sellers flipping cars on open titles ie curbstoning. Example. Seller A has a car on Ebay. When asked about title it is in person B's name. Seller A has no intention to transfer title into his own name,but to pass title...

Weird situation I am in..

Ok, here is the situation I am in. I looked over a car on ebay,it was somewhat local and decided to buy it(1977 deville). I asked the seller to DRIVE UNDER ITS OWN POWER to a place where we would meet and exchange the goods. There was no deposit, as ...

Sold Out of Volvos!

I think that this is the first time that it has ever happened that I am actually totally sold out of Volvos! I have a clean wagon coming up from Florida, but as for something ready to sell, no. They seem to just fly off the shelf.

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help me identify signatures / autographs on Two Nascar items from 2007 Pepsi 400 please!

Can you help me identify the autographs on these two items? One is the 2007 Pepsi 400 ticket and the other is a decal. I believe I have figured these out thus far: 2007 Pepsi 400 Ticket - Jimmy JohnsonRusty WallacePaul MenardCarl Edwards Nascar Livin...

Seller doesn't have Paypal and hasn't picked up certified payment in 3 days...options?

I found a old motorcycle on Ebay that was very reasonablely priced...listed as local p/u so a shipper would be needed...I can handle that I figured. I bid and won as only bidder. Seller wouldn't take paypal and says his account was hacked...ok...I se...

Craigslist scam by buyer

Ususally you see CL scams by sellers with cars selling at a fraction of their value. Today I got this message by a buyer about a car I have listed on CL. Thanks for your email, i would have loved to come handle the transaction in person but my job wo...

User avatar by Guide
  • 22 replies
  • 2 helpful

Question about air vents on my 98 Dodge Dakota

On my 98 Dodge Dakota when i accelerate or start going up a hill my air vents stop blowing air.When i ease off the gas it will start blowing again.I have been told to check all my vacumn line {which i have replaced} and there is a small canstier near...

• 41 replies
  • 1 helpful

Cadillac Commercials

I cannot believe how Cadillac continues to advertise. The recent ad showed their models back to the 40s, 50s, 60s, early 70s and then new. Funny how they skipped the 80s and 90s. I think that the brand has tried everything to reinvent itself. I'm sur...

• 47 replies
  • 0 helpful

LOCAL CLASSIFIED ADD'S

I purchased a vehicle from an ebay seller from an ebay classified add. I am having an issue with this seller that I would like ebay help me resolve. Because it was a classified add purchase, it is not listed in my ebay purchases. Therefore, I can't s...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Briggs & Stratton coil

part #on the coil isTD04-49k.20141104 their is another # below it 80000036 can you help me find a replacement part

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

seller / buyer protection. I want to sell a car. Is this an escrow situation?

I've sold a bunch of stuff over the years but never a car. If the car is sold via eBay Motors how odes the transaction occur? PayPal? Escrow? Is there a typical 30 day return privelidge? I can not seem to find the relavant infor on eBay......

ebay motors search

Are prople finding it harder or longer to search for cars on ebay motors? I think the way they have changed the search engine is terrible

is this a scam or not??

Does anyone know if ebay does such a thing? I found this ad on FB and this is where the conversation went with the seller... Hello again,As I told you in my first email, got a new job and moved to Omaha, NE. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors