cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice on used 4x4 suv's

saving up gift cards to have an suv shipped from nebraska warehouse, but unsure on which one to get. the last 6 never arrived and not sure why!   anyways, my daily driver is a 2000 dodge durango with 220,000 miles and has served me quite well for 12 years. but similar to ex wives, there comes a time when a newer model with less miles, nicer features and less maintenance issues looks appealing, even a reduction in size is a plus. i use it in the true fashion of an suv. muddy jobsites where 4 wheel drive is a must, pulling a pop up camper and taking it in the woods (not blacktop camping) hauling building materials and going out for the night enjoying all the creature comforts not found in an old pick up.  knowing its use/abuse, a unibodied awd 4 cyl. probably wont do. any recomendations on a newer (2010 or up) suv? i deally 4x4, full frame and a motor with some pulling power. can be smaller but draw the line when i cant haul an 8'  2x4, the durango fits 10' if i stuff them between the front seats over the console.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

advice on used 4x4 suv's

Check out Honda Ridgelines. SUV and pickup in one. You should be able to find 1 or 2 year old models on Craigslist for under $5000.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

@atikoviwrote:

Check out Honda Ridgelines. SUV and pickup in one. You should be able to find 1 or 2 year old models on Craigslist for under $5000.

is that the one with a 4' bed?  5 grand sounds cheap! 10 year old pick ups with 150,000 miles are 15 grand! extended cab p.u. would be ideal but beyond my budget. avalanch/canyon would be perfect but limited my search to less than 100k miles and newer than 10 years old. anything else isnt much better than a sideways move.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

not avalanch, meant to say chevy colorodo or gmc canyon.  4runner would be nice but to much $$$$

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

Ya made me choke with yer opening lines. I never quit until 8 did not show up. Quitter. 

I do not know enough about the subject except, it really needs to come from the factory with a tow package. 

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

There are a lot of SCAMS involving vehicle's and gift cards. 

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

I do not think you are following. This has nothing to do with scams and cards. It is about SUV towing.
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

on anything modern, tow package makes sense. adding a hitch isnt a huge issue as i have installed many over the years and fabricated a few from scratch. anything newer has so much **bleep** in the way and not much to bolt or weld to.  then factor in correct gearing, brakes and light hook ups.  the whole purpose of upgrading is to avoid working on it. i have several project/hobby vehicles and need one i can just drive without a care. my issues are finding a modern vehicle that can handle it and sticker shock! my budget was $6-$8, quickly jumped to $10 and fear it needs raised to $15.  dont like payments but see no choice.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

@mr.elmwood

Silly me, I thought it was about buying a car with itunes cards.

With the car being in Nebraska in a warehouse.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

if the ad is on nebraska craigslist, where do the claim the ebay warehouse to be?

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

@jrinam

@jrinamwrote:

if the ad is on nebraska craigslist, where do the claim the ebay warehouse to be?

Most of the time the "ebay warehouse" is on a military base, in a sealed shipping container.

And as the unit is deploying, you can't see the car. 

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

Did someone say towing? All you need is a Ranger and it will tow most anything.

Ranger towing CTS.JPG

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

@sockmonkeydavewrote:

@jrinam

@jrinamwrote:

Most of the time the "ebay warehouse" is on a military base, in a sealed shipping container.

so when they get back, i can confront them and get my cars?

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

@jrinam

@jrinamwrote:

@sockmonkeydavewrote:

@jrinam

@jrinamwrote:

so when they get back, i can confront them and get my cars?

Without proper security clearance, you won't make it past the front gate.  lol

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

advice on used 4x4 suv's

@atikoviwrote:

Did someone say towing? All you need is a Ranger and it will tow most anything.

Ranger towing CTS.JPG

oh i have done MUCH worse than that!  realistically, i would tow a car once or twice a year.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply