cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's this modified 67 Chevy C10 worth?

https://www.brownsperformancemotorcars.com/used/Chevrolet/1967-Chevrolet-C-10-Baltimore-937fdd770a0a...

Guy who bought this truck is interested in doing a trade for a late model truck I have. Don't know much about custom trucks, one that goes for $10K doesn't look much different than one for $30K. Any armchair appraisals as to what I could get for it?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

67-72 are highly desireable. 

This one has been been over done.  Looks nice for show, not so much for go. Small market. You feel like sitting this next to the motorhome, which will be ready, any year now?

You know dang well that the reason he wnts to trade is because he cannot seii it. Difference between $10K and $3oK, exactly.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Its red.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

It looks very nice, has a few body alignment issues. The tail lights are slightly **bleep**-eyed and not matched for location. Not hard to fix, but very noticable.

For the money, it really should have A/C. The price is reasonable, but $18K is what it would bring in my area... Not sure what they bring in MD.

I like it, looks very nice.

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Hello and good morning,  not sure where u stand on the trade or purchase, but keep in mind that you can order an official appraisal or inspection yea will cost abt 500$$ plus but we'll worth the $$$$..

Sigs70

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

I would have to agree with Mr. E.  Nicely done, but a show car, more or less. These are really popular with the 30s-40s crowd. But they like more of a clean, original look.

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

I would not consider it in a trade.  The vehicle is lowered and that kills a lot of buyers who have the cash.  They don't want something that has been messed with that much.

Overall it is nice, but I would not take it in trade unless the agreed value is so low that you can't lose.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

@tony1963 wrote:

The vehicle is lowered and that kills a lot of buyers who have the cash.  They don't want something that has been messed with that much.

Those pickups are very highly desired across the country. As for being lowered, there are quality kits to lower the vehicle correctly and give it plenty of suspension for a nice ride. It could also have air suspension too.

The only drawback I see with this nice looking, desireable, pickup is that it does not have air conditioning. If they would spend the $1500 to $1800 for a nice Vintage Air system, no reason they couldn't get their price of $24K.

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Actually it has air ride suspension as shown in the other video.

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you on a number of things here jr -

Very desirable truck in my area as well.

Somewhat hard to believe it was built without ac...

I don't think being lowered would hurt its selling at all. There are several very nice examples of these in my town, all lowered and very nice, high quality builds. I think it's built for the market it fits in really.

The only thing, besides the ac, that I'm seeing is the front wheels look to far back in the wheelwells.  Meaning to close to the door. Shoulda' been a couple inches closer to the front bumper...

Check out picture number 3 in the link in ati's original post.

Could just be the angle of the pic and all...but with the addition of air ride, I would have to see this truck in person and see what it has going on for front suspension before I would ever entertain the thought of buying it.

Sometimes the guys doing the air ride are fabricators that know what they are doing and sometimes the are not. I've seen some very crude stuff and I bet you have as well. 

Even if it was done very well, if that's where the front wheels are actually positioned, it would drive me crazy....I'll give it the benefit of the doubt however and say I would have to see it in person first even to just say what I think it's worth.

Too many variables....

I will say this....custom vehicles can fetch a good price but you must hook up with someone that truly wants it. Meaning it will sell in two days or two years...

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just remembered this...

Local guy that I went to high school with was showing me his truck...a slighty newer one than this one, maybe 1975 or so.

He had just added all the air bag stuff, front and rear.

The links and panhard bar for the rear axle were made from '60's era bumper jacks.

He tells me "they must be good metal...they're a bumper jack"....

Looked as if Bubba Customs had done all work.

Sitting in the Kragen's parking lot...nice and leval...the truck sagged/leaned a good 2  inches to one side (corner actually)...

Moral of the story....

Pays to get on yer hands and knees to check things out. 

Especially customs...

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

I now notice the front wheels back a little, but that is how they are. I think the angle of the photo exaggerates it. If it has air ride, then the price will go up and I'm sure it's been done correctly.

If you look at their ad now, it says it has been sold. It is a nice pickup, looks good and looks right, just needs A/C to make it near perfect.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

They (the front wheels) could very well come that way. Don't mean to sound like I'm nitpicking...it does look very good and personally, I would love to own it. Have always been a "gotta' see it for myself" type guy. I could never buy any car or bike over the 'net without checking it out for myself in person. So I guess I'm just a little gun shy...

But yes, I saw that it sold in that ad as well. If I understand correctly, ati is in communication with the guy who bought it. 

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

Yes he bought it. Want's to trade for my 16 Ram I advertised for $17K. I assume he wants an even trade but haven't discussed it.

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

I think that price, color and design are going to keep that truck from selling.   I do not love orange, the tail lights are all but useless and why are we taking pictures of headlights?  Miles are NOT stated and I didn't read anything about the engine-on the outside.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 15 of 42
latest reply