cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sell good tyres

Are all tyres a universal fit? I have a set of four 215/60R 16. Seems that the main criteria people are focusing on is that they are round. If they are round, they will fit. 

Last week, a guy comes hot footing over to my place waving cash in my face. He takes a tire and puts it up against his, to see if they are the same size. "Oh-oh". He can't read that his say 225/70R 16?

A guy this AM, offers me $25 over what I am asking. I'm about to do an Atikovi and deliver them, three hour round trip. Then the guy writes "For my gf's Buick SUV". Hang on a second. I make him go and check. Yep, different size. 

I have the tyre size in the title and the ad. I have a picture of the tyre size. Apparently I am misleading these people, somehow.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

It shouldn't be your problem if they fit or not. You're selling the tire with the size clearly displayed. 

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I got a guy on the line who wants these, 3 1/2 hours away in Winnipeg. Who is going to Winnipeg on Sunday? I am. 

These tyres actually belong to someone else who wanted them out of their garage and out of sight. Bass turd owes me anyway.

See how this plays out. I have no morals.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I am thinking this isn't over yet.
How can I miss you if you wont go away ?
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Winnipeg? 3 1/2 hours away? Sounds suspicious. Make sure you let someone know where you're going and what time you expect to return, in case they have to identify the body.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Yep. I expect to be killed in a hotel parking lot over a set of tyres the guy wants for his Camry.

Nothing says malfecense like a Toyota Camry.

Story gets weird. Tyres belong to the nutjob next door. He wanted no part in selling them. He is an ejection point on the lower rear body anyway. He requested, last year, that I sell them. Never a word since.

Well, this buyer I have, lives close to the hotel I am staying at. This is a done deal. 

The "ejection point on the lower rear body's" ex GF, who is a friend of mine, lives a few blocks away, in Winnipeg. We are meeting for dinner Sunday. I am thinking, his tyres will pay for her dinner.

There is a certain amount of payback here.

When I catch the bill, with his money, she is gonna hoot like no tomorrow.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Lets run this through the blender again.
3.5 hr drive , motel parking lot , Jap car, used tires, dinner with the ex of the {nut job} that asked you to sell his tires.
If there is any Canada tire $ involved you could make the local news there Elmwood.
I think its the sting............................
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Must be a Canadian thing... here in the USA, we buy tires by size that fit. Your story sounds more like a Craigslist listing... a different breed of people that also shop on eBay.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Did Mr.E get back alive? If not, should we alert the Mounties?

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

I sent the moose herd  out looking for him. Now they are missing too. My guess is they all went drinking then fell alseep in the snow.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Moose herd? I do not care what a moose heard!

Guy showed up, exchanged the goods for cash. Motel parking lot, it was all so pathetic. I kept hanging around the lobby, Colleen be looking at me with "**bleep**?". 

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

I kept hanging around the lobby, Colleen be looking at me with "**bleep**?". 

You should know better than to hang around hotel lobbies. Were you trying to pick up a little more "tyre money" before you went home?

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

After getting rid of some rubber goods....sounds like he may've had the need for another variety of rubber goods..... 😉

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Jr.  I was trying to drink some coffee ,  that was close.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Sorry Rip, I'll pour you another cup. sunglasses

Message 15 of 27
latest reply