cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowly getting there on the 56 Chrysler

Slowly getting the old paint off the old girl.Have to do a little body work and then get some Ex.Primer sealer.Wish i knew where to get some soda blasting material locally with out ordering it and having to wait for it.Here a couple of pictures so far.Thanks Bruce.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

1 more picture.Bruce.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

lookinggood.png

I don't know what it is, Bruce, but I love that car! It's coming along quite fast! Can't wait to see her when she's done!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Now all you need to is shave the door handles, install a sunroof, add a wing, and put square headlights in...

In all seriousness DON'T do any of that.  😄 😄

Looks good Bruce! 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I'm impressed with the body condition. This stag is usually about the time you find some thing rusted that you didn't notice before. I hope it's as solid as it looks. I'd love to ride anound in it! Love the pink stripe.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It looks good like it is Bruce, don't see any reason to media blast it now. 

Just take your DA with 150 to 180 grit paper and go over it, ensure you don't get the metal hot and warp it. My preference would be to do your body work, then block sand it with the same grit paper instead using the DA. When you block sand it each and everytime yousand it, it makes it laser straight.

You should sand it with a long board by hand at some time in the process. Try to get the bumpers and trim off now. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks to you all for all the nice comments.Bruce.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Looks good bruce, solid car, what filler I see is just for dings, Like JR said block that bad boy with a long board, Not only will the car look better its good exersize for you LOL, but then you allready know that.

How can I miss you if you wont go away ?
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Rip.OH YEA i know.LOL.Bruce.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I can't wait to see it with paint on it. It's going to be a beauty.

That car is amazingly straight. Quarters still intact, bumpers look great and they're not even bowed from years of bumper jack use.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Rip.I got lucky on that.The chrome and stainless steel is in nice shape.Bruce.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply