cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Practices

I had the occasion to buy a part for a car that we are listing for sale.  I do shop a lot on eBay and find very good pricing on premium parts, so I tend to be an eBay buyer as well.

On one particular order, I had three different merchants.  I added all of the items to the cart and forgot to change the default payment source so it ended up going to my personal bank account.  The norm is for the parts to land on the corporate MasterCard.

So, I notify all three merchants to cancel the order and enter new orders this time aiming the payment to the MasterCard.  All of this goes on after normal business hours in the evening.

One of the merchants ships two parts and claims that it was too late to cancel the order.  The other two merchants cancel the order and ship one part.  This merchant, however, ships the part the next day.  

I notified my personal banker at Wells Fargo to block the transaction and sent the history of the order and the cancellation.  My personal banker tells me that the transaction is already blocked.

So, I've called the merchant and told them that if this was a ploy to force sell two items, they lose.  They can either come get the second one or do without it and the payment.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Selling Practices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tony - Do I understand you correctly? You purchased one item each from three (3) differant Sellers. But one Seller sent you two items ...one from the order that was cancelled (claiming it was too late to cancel) and then another from the "new" order?  Ya...seems that Seller may have been trying to take advantage of the situation if that is the case. Both packages go off to a Shipper side by side but "unable" to stop the one order? I see the one item being a potential PITA as the Seller will likely complain to Ebay he was "unable" to cancel as the order was already "shipped".  - 96

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Selling Practices

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but your post is rather confussing.  I got all wrapped up in trying to figure out how you have one particular order, from THREE different merchants? Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Selling Practices

Let me try and explain this again.  I had three different items from three different sellers in my "cart".  I closed the transaction with all three and then realized I used the wrong payment source.

I cancelled all of the items in the cart and did the orders again, this time using the correct payment source.

Of the three items in the cart, two of the three sellers followed my request and credited one, shipped the other.

Wells Fargo already yanked the money back from the one seller.  So, they tried to pull a fast one and now they shipped two and only got paid for one.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Selling Practices

saturday-morning-tv
Thrill-Seeker

Still confusing.

Lets drop the shopping cart and two of the sellers.

You purchased a item from a seller.

You decided you wanted to cancel the order because you used the wrong credit card.

You ordered a duplicate item with the correct credit card.

The seller didn't cancel the first item. They are not required too.

You had the first credit card company cancel the payment.

Both items were sent. 

Now you have two items and only paid for one.

Who's the one pulling a fast one?

"Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Selling Practices

Go back and re-read the orignal post.  The company shipped both parts later the next day and then claimed that there was no way to stop the order.  I don't believe them.  In my view, this is a lame excuse to take advantage of a situation and push two out the door.

The other sellers cancelled their orders.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Selling Practices

I tried reading the o/p, but your posts are very confusing.

Bottom line, sellers are not required to cancel orders.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Selling Practices

One thing is true here Tony.

An honest man puts his integrity before his convenience.

If you don't pay for something and keep it that makes you a thief.

You are the one that made the initial mistake.

You are the one who needs to at least send the product back.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Selling Practices

Sounds more like a clerical/logistics error on the part of the seller who shipped two.  Ultimately, if I were the purchaser here, since it was my mistake which precipitated the problem, I would do what I had to do to make the errant seller whole- such as returning the extra item at my own cost.  It doesn't sound like the seller was trying to pull a "fast one" (Unless I'm missing something); it sounds more like something that would happen in an automated system that is geared to processing and shipping orders very quickly as Ebay demands/has groomed customers to demand.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Selling Practices

Card maxed out.

How can I miss you if you wont go away ?
Message 10 of 10
latest reply