cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale arranged thru Ebay, not listed

Found UTV on Craigslist.  Seller said sales was arranged through Ebay.  Vehicle ready to ship from Ebay warehouse.  I provide name, shipping address and phone.  Ebay will contact me for payment.  Once paid, vehicle will ship.  Ebay will hold payment until I receive item and have time to inspect.  If I accept item after inspection, payment is released to seller.  If I don't accept, payment is fully refunded and seller arranges shipping back to warehouse.  Does Ebay provide this kind of service ?  Is this a legitimate way to make a purchase ?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

This is a well known Scam.

Ebay has nothing to do with vehicles found on CL.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Do you REALLY think that you are going to get a mint UTV for THAT price- with free shipping and a guarantee, no less???

When you get contacted by "Ebay", the scammers will want you to send payment via gift cards or some other non-refundable, non-traceable method....

That is not how the real Ebay works!

If it's too good to be true...it is!

Do you not think that if they really had that UTV for that price, that they couldn't sell it in 5 minutes ANYWHERE? That they'd have to advertise it 1000 or 2000 miles away from where it supposedly is?

Dear goodness! Just use your common sense. That should give you at least 7 reasons why this couldn't possibly be real.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@akoildriller wrote:

Does Ebay provide this kind of service ?  Is this a legitimate way to make a purchase ?

20 years on Ebay with nearly 2000 feedbacks and you have to ask?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

"It's free! It's free! It must be real!"

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Per Madeline Kahn from the movie "Blazing Saddles"....

"It's twue, it's twue....".

That's exactly what you will get......

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

But it's got a money-back guarantee. What could possibly go wrong? A GUARANTEE!!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Isn't CL still posting notices warning you against this particular scam?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes they are, right when you click on autos and trucks for sale.

People are so busy salivating over the deal of the century that theyr'e going to get  they won't spend 10 seconds reading that warning.

The time they spend whining and crying over their lost money far exceeds the time that could have been used wisely reading that warning.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply